Just have to vent

Help Support CattleToday:

show steer up

Reaction score
Well we went school shopping today :cry2:
We needed to pick up supplies for four kids. Last year all the supplies cost around $200.00. This year I spent $358.00, what the heck happened. :mad:
I was a real good shopper, got most everything on sale and stuck to the list, no extras. I just don't understand, I even had to supply the twins with real money so they could use it in math. What happened to the play money, it looked real enough to me and was a lot cheaper.
Boy oh boy, I just can't wait to buy cloths :frowns:

show steer up":2bca696x said:
This year I spent $358.00, what the heck happened.
Fuel prices, anything and everything has a fuel surcharge now. It is a legitimate charge in most cases, in others its an easy way to reap more profit, and will only get worse.

My eighth grader had three rolls of paper towels! I am not buying them unless someone can give me a darned compelling reason. Everything on the list was doubled. I think they are trying to get supplies for less fortunate kids. If they asked me to donate supplies or money for that, I would gladly do so. I am not going to finance other kids, though, unles they are honest about it. I got most of the things he needs and if he needs more then I can get it as needed. Ten folders, ten spirals, two packs of markers and map colors, kleenex... I don't buy Kleenex, either. If my kid has a cold, I will supply him with tissues at that point. I am not subsidising other people's allergies. It's BS. There are only eight blocks in a day. One of those is band and the other is tennis.

all that goes to show you raising kids isnt cheap.an $90 a kid for school supplies thats pretty dang high.an your right shopping for school clothes will put a big dent in your hipp pocket.

If it makes any of you feel any better, I shelled out $1883 for court costs Friday from May of '07.

The lawyer and D.A. had already worked out plea agreement terms before my daughter's court appearance. The judge read a statement to her to ensure she understood the plea agreement and we had heard that same statement over 40 times that morning already. He then told her he was going to accept the DA's agreement and sentenced her. $1883 ??

Keep you kids out of trouble as best you can. I didn't have to pay the fee but I did so such that she doesn't have that hanging over her.

Heard on the news this morning that one school in Ft. Worth area was requiring each child to bring 2 bottles of hand sanitizer, several packages of sanitary wipes and a couple cans of Lysol....how's that. :stop:

This year the elementary school needed all the kids to have ziplock baggies, baby wipes, and why the heck do we need to purchase Flash Drives. What happened with going to the bathroom and washing your hands and saving all their work on the computers.
You know those flash drives are history within the first month and my kids are not getting a replacement. To supply all four kids with the flash drives cost over $100.00 . How much work does a 2nd grader have to save on a computer :mad:
The real kicker was the real money for math, thank goodness my children go to a public school I would hate to see the supply list for the private schools.

Sorry I'm so upset about this, I just feel the schools are going a little overboard.
When I gave the supplies to the teacher this a.m. I told her everything was labeled........she said I didn't need to do that because the whole class shares the supplies :???: Why I asked, her answer...because some kids are harder than others with the supplies and we go through them fast. Also by the beginning of the next semester she will give us an updated supply list to replace what was used. She chuckled and said you wouldn't believe how fast this will be used up and by the end of the semester we will be scraping the bottom of the barrel.
:cry: oh shyt :cry: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

I can just imagine what would happen if someone told us college students we were sharing markers, pens, notebooks and kleenex with the rest of the class. :eek: :p :shock: :lol2:

Can't see any reason you or your kids need to put up with that. If someone else breaks rulers and loses pencils the entire class shouldn't be penalized for it.

Our property taxes went up this year on the home quater....$350.00

They say it is because they are adding two more school buses on the rural route and increased expenses like the new kindergarten.

We don't have children in the school system, have never had children in the school system nor will we...I am tired of paying for other peoples kids.

It seems the harder we work the more "they" want you shell out, like it is their right to always have their hands in your pockets.
Wait until you sign your kids up for their extracurricular activities, it is going to cost my sister a little over $1500.00 this year for her three kids ,it was around $800.00 last year for the same activities.

hillsdown":134k5368 said:
Our property taxes went up this year on the home quater....$350.00

They say it is because they are adding two more school buses on the rural route and increased expenses like the new kindergarten.

We don't have children in the school system, have never had children in the school system nor will we...I am tired of paying for other peoples kids.

It seems the harder we work the more "they" want you shell out, like it is their right to always have their hands in your pockets.
Wait until you sign your kids up for their extracurricular activities, it is going to cost my sister a little over $1500.00 this year for her three kids ,it was around $800.00 last year for the same activities.

No offense, but have you ever thought about who paid for your education. Not just your parents but the whole community.

There is also the idea that a well educated and employed populace is required to maintain the leval of social programs that are prevelant in Canada.

You may as well get used to it you're gonna pay till you die, and bytchin ain't gonna change it one bit.

3way I have more than paid for my secondary education by working continuously and paying taxes.
Btw only 20 percent of the graduating class last year went on to post secondary ,the majority of those were the rural kids or the females. Care to guess where the majority of the 80% went to especially the males .

As far as social systems, which of those are you referring to? Our free health care, which is not free if you are employeed and contribute 50% of your pay check to the government.
The health care system that will pay for abortions unlimited times but if you want to do IVF you need to shell out the 15,000.00 dollars yourself.
Sorry for the jack show steer,,,,but kids are expensive , I guess that is a choice you make by having them.

Got our supplies done. Schools around here only ask for a family size box of kleenex. If they asked the parents to supply more then that there would be such a mob on the front step that they wouldn't dare try to pass by us.
Makes me mad knowing that my tax dollars go to a school that allowed a student to threaten to kill other students, punch, bully and other nasty things to them and did nothing to protect the other students. Tried to do an area transfer, but our property needs to touch the other school districts area. We don't.
Know how you feel HD.

My kids didn't get as many new clothes as they did last year.

No problem HD, it was my mistake I should have seen this coming :D .
When the doctor said congrats it's twins I should have known I would gain 44 more by the time they were in 2nd grade :shock: .

TNMasterBeefProducer":3ufnco72 said:
I remember as a kid we was lucky ifn we got a notebook and a pencil. We sure didnt have no pencil sharpeners and had to sharpen em with our knives.

I had to walk to school, 5 miles, uphill both ways. :lol2:

john250":iivl7kwi said:
TNMasterBeefProducer":iivl7kwi said:
I remember as a kid we was lucky ifn we got a notebook and a pencil. We sure didnt have no pencil sharpeners and had to sharpen em with our knives.

Proably had to make your own chalk and chip out your own slate too.

dun":1ynv0610 said:
john250":1ynv0610 said:
TNMasterBeefProducer":1ynv0610 said:

Proably had to make your own chalk and chip out your own slate too.

Yep.

john250":1lve5bep said:
TNMasterBeefProducer":1lve5bep said:

In the snow, with no shoes, and it was always 40 below.

ME TOO :lol:

3waycross":3gwwrb12 said:
john250":3gwwrb12 said:
TNMasterBeefProducer":3gwwrb12 said:

In the snow, with no shoes, and it was always 40 below.

ME TOO :lol:

first liar stands NO chance.

I think back in those days there apparently was a 5 mile buffer zone around every school and no one could live closer than 5 miles.

Latest posts