Just For Fun

Help Support CattleToday:

warpaint

Reaction score
And cause I aint doing a whole lot right now, if anybody would like a word translated into Cherokee, throw it out there and I'll see what I can do. No christian names please, as they translate the same. ;-)

Is there a word for "Crowder" or is it akin to something on the bottom of my shoe ?
BTW - where you working at right now ? We've got a bunch of guys working on a building here in WV - the sign says they are from Tenn.

i take my bro in law to the Indian Hospital in Ardmore, and they have Indian names posted beside the English names on the doors, kinda of interesting to me.
samm

how close is the creek language to the cherokee...i am doing some genealogy and of course have discovered a creek indian in my ancestry .. just wondering on the translation of her name.and where i should look for it.

ranchwife":3bhbyatp said:
warpaint---what are the cherokee words for "husband", "wife", "son" and "daughter"?????

husband-asgayaaninela-as gay a na nay la
wife-usdayvhvsgi- us day ya has gee
son-uwetsi-u wet see
daughter-uwetsi ageyv-u wet see a gay ya

Southerngal":bqamu3oh said:
how close is the creek language to the cherokee...i am doing some genealogy and of course have discovered a creek indian in my ancestry .. just wondering on the translation of her name.and where i should look for it.

To be honest, I don't know if they are even similar. You might try http://www.civilizedtribes.

What would be a good cherokee name for a bull? I'm thinking like muscle or mountain or mighty ... or whatever else you may think of.

MoGal":107so3w2 said:
What would be a good cherokee name for a bull? I'm thinking like muscle or mountain or mighty ... or whatever else you may think of.

Don't know that you will care for either of these,

mountain-odalv-o day la
mighty-wulinigvgv-wu li nee ga ga

Bullbuyer":2964nfga said:
Is there a word for "Crowder" or is it akin to something on the bottom of my shoe ?
BTW - where you working at right now ? We've got a bunch of guys working on a building here in WV - the sign says they are from Tenn.

I'm working in the Miss. delta. My company is based in McComb, Miss.

Latest posts