Judge these bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

THG":1ohe249w said:
I would keep the first bull, due to the fact that he has more depth of body and looks to me to be just a better structured bull.

THG

So, you think the second bull just isn't as deep and has poorer structure? :help:

Keren":28uh9ko5 said:
Well, I baited the hook, threw out the line and got a few bites ;-)

Seeing as a lot of you are on to me, I will confess.

The two bulls are the same. They are both pictures of the same bull, Moorabinda Cappucino. He is around 2 years old. He's been working but we are also showing him as well.

The idea behind this thread came when I posted the same photos on the show board, under the title "Transformations", because in the second photo the bull has been clipped. I got quite a few comments about him looking better in the first picture than the second.

• I thought this would be a good way to demonstrate how naive it is to make judgements of cattle according to pictures
. Two pictures of the same bull, yet they look completely different. A different angle, a different pose.

Between the two pictures, he has aged a month, been clipped (no more curly hair on the head) and gained 50kg (not impossible - 1.6kg a day is a conservative weight gain for our herd at this time of year. 1.6 by 30 = 48kg). He also lost a little finish (fat) - he was slightly fatter than we like so we turned a yearling bull out with him and of course they have been horseing around (bulling around?), losing fat and building muscle.

Anyway, this has been an interesting experiment :D

Thanks to all the people who responded.
well its really not that . you took pictures of the same bull under different circumstances, {and hey for the record the bull looks good in both pictures.}for all i know they could have been brother's but you held our heads to the fire and ask to narrow it to just one. and me being a commercial cattleman #1 suited my fancy ;-)

Latest posts