Judge these bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

Have you got the end result in mind Keren? They are both good bulls but different types. If your program or your customers program was more forage based with a low energy input type deal, I like the first bull. If the goal involves more of a feed lot type terminal deal, I like the second bull. Of course it would make a difference to me also depending on the type cows they would be mated to. What is your plan?

I don't know that they're all that different. ;-) A different angle of camera shot, a month or so difference in when you take the picture, clipping & posing a bull. 8)

ALACOWMAN":3ovyqu60 said:
ollie?":3ovyqu60 said:
ALACOWMAN":3ovyqu60 said:
they the same dam bull aint they :p
They don't look the same to me but I have been wrong before.
notice how these women keep giggling something up ;-)
I recognize that. I figured that they were talking and knew they were the same. If he's the same and gained 50Kg, they somehow took some grease and fill off of him along with the hair and made him gain that much weight in a month????? I guess but it still don't seem so to me.

that first bull has pinkeye.
24.gif

So which one is the easy keeper...?

The camera angles makes me like the second bull...but then I've always admired a nice turd squeezer.
DMc

Like the photo of first bull. As stated before look at the off spring and temperament also where he will be used. A bull to me is like equipping a tractor where and what will I be using him on.

Well, I baited the hook, threw out the line and got a few bites ;-)

Seeing as a lot of you are on to me, I will confess.

The two bulls are the same. They are both pictures of the same bull, Moorabinda Cappucino. He is around 2 years old. He's been working but we are also showing him as well.

The idea behind this thread came when I posted the same photos on the show board, under the title "Transformations", because in the second photo the bull has been clipped. I got quite a few comments about him looking better in the first picture than the second.

I thought this would be a good way to demonstrate how naive it is to make judgements of cattle according to pictures. Two pictures of the same bull, yet they look completely different. A different angle, a different pose.

Between the two pictures, he has aged a month, been clipped (no more curly hair on the head) and gained 50kg (not impossible - 1.6kg a day is a conservative weight gain for our herd at this time of year. 1.6 by 30 = 48kg). He also lost a little finish (fat) - he was slightly fatter than we like so we turned a yearling bull out with him and of course they have been horseing around (bulling around?), losing fat and building muscle.

Anyway, this has been an interesting experiment :D

Thanks to all the people who responded.

I would keep the first bull, due to the fact that he has more depth of body and looks to me to be just a better structured bull.

THG