Johnny Football

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":uwyab70f said:
Shanghai":uwyab70f said:
Manziel will start the season #2 on the depth chart.
That may have been a calculated move to take the pressure off him and also to take him down a notch and make him realize he is going to have to earn the job.

The sad part based on the history of Cleveland QB's he doesn't have a chance of being successful anytime soon
That too may be the best thing that could happen. Nothing wrong with "growing" on the bench while working out with the 2nd team all week. Many have done it before becoming starters. What's the old saying about having to get knocked down to make you look up??

I agree I think it happens too many times these kids get thrust in the starting role with the weight of the world on their shoulders and they collapse under the pressure.
I think letting them learn the system and get a feel for the game from the sideline allows them to acclimate before being thrown to the lions.

But dang Cleveland of all places. The deck is stacked against him.

Kingfisher":qzo61zwt said:
I hear he was late for a meeting today....I think his mindset is at some point we are going to play football and the Browns need ball players!
Or not. Cleveland finally drop him as soon as the rules allow--March 9.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... on-march-9

Browns executive vice president of football operations Sashi Brown released a statement Tuesday regarding Manziel's most recent off-field incident.
"We've been clear about expectations for our players on and off the field," Brown said. "Johnny's continual involvement in incidents that run counter to those expectations undermines the hard work of his teammates and the reputation of our organization. His status with our team will be addressed when permitted by league rules. We will have no further comment at this time."

Maybe--in Dallas---but he has too much natural talent and is waay too young for the Texans to even consider him.

He's fixin to be an unemployed drunk.
Some of them drunks could play football tho.Houston had Kenny Sabler and to a lesser on field degree--Dan Pastorini.

If social media had been around back then Pastorini would have broke it all to pieces.

greybeard":19bvbcpd said:
He's fixin to be an unemployed drunk.
Some of them drunks could play football tho.Houston had Kenny Sabler and to a lesser on field degree--Dan Pastorini.

If social media had been around back then Pastorini would have broke it all to pieces.

Difference was they showed up when the team was playing.

greybeard":44l2jc36 said:
Kingfisher":44l2jc36 said:
I hear he was late for a meeting today....I think his mindset is at some point we are going to play football and the Browns need ball players!
Or not. Cleveland finally drop him as soon as the rules allow--March 9.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... on-march-9

Browns executive vice president of football operations Sashi Brown released a statement Tuesday regarding Manziel's most recent off-field incident.
"We've been clear about expectations for our players on and off the field," Brown said. "Johnny's continual involvement in incidents that run counter to those expectations undermines the hard work of his teammates and the reputation of our organization. His status with our team will be addressed when permitted by league rules. We will have no further comment at this time."
Like Brer Rabbitt and the briar patch, Johnny is getting just what he wanted....out of Cleveland.

Thing is, ya can get by with a lot of off field BS if your on-field performance is good--Manziel's game performance has been suspect at best and that is being really kind.
His whole pro career consists of 8 starts and Browns won only 2 out of the 9 games he played in and those 2 were wins over Tenn and SF--not exactly "quality" wins. He ranks 32nd in the NFL. It's not good enough for many teams to go after him with all the rest of the problems he has off field, not to mention he now seems injury prone. He came from the same class as Bridgewater, Bortles, and Carr--each of those seem to have found themselves a home and a future--Manziel's future is pretty cloudy, and mostly his own doing...

Caustic Burno":1ws2rzki said:
TB I might be wrong but who would want him and the baggage he has created in his short career other than Jerry
Good question. He hasn't done much to enhance his value other than show his a$$.

It's just sad, I hope he gets his life together and not takes a shortcut. He has problems.

When he ODs he'll be called Johnny Speedball. If he doesn;t it will be Johnny Burger Flipper.

If he lives he will never flip burgers, he is one of the affluence kids, born with a silver spoon in his mouth, got all he wanted in life. Another example of money does not buy happiness.

cowboy43":39dwl8nc said:
If he lives he will never flip burgers, he is one of the affluence kids, born with a silver spoon in his mouth, got all he wanted in life. Another example of money does not buy happiness.
Also signed an 8 million dollar contract, 4 million plus in bonus money and over 7 million guaranteed. I don't think money is his problem and never has been. He has other problems.