Johnny Football

Help Support CattleToday:

I hear he was late for a meeting today....I think his mindset is at some point we are going to play football and the Browns need ball players!

Calhoun Farm":36edrsc9 said:
I would welcome Cleveland coming from TX heat.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Calhoun Farm":87v1vccv said:
I see what you did there gray lol.
Don't let him fool you. The "Cleveland" he lives in is hot as the hinges of he// and you can cut the humidity with a knife. Ol' GB has to wash the mold and mildew off his a// about every day I'm sure. :lol2: :lol2:

Helps to keep the riffraff out TB, tho I don't actually live IN the Land of Cleve.
I wouldn't even go in that town if it weren't for Whatburger and groceries--mostly Whataburger.

Calhoun Farm":14go25ei said:
I guess coming from playing defense from 5th grade to 12th I hated that type of player haha. I always respected and shook the hand of an opposing RB that would hit me head on and not junk and jive and run 100yds side to side to gain 5yds.

Running backs have a short shelf life and those that are head butt"ers and even shorter shelf life. As a center, I loved a back that could stretch a play out. Most time on the option I was left uncovered and would pull out. I loved finding linebackers licking their chops ready to hammer my runner. They never knew what hit em especially if they were in the clip zone which is even wider today than when I played.

I had my nose rearanged by the best headbutter ever in a high school all star game kickoff. Maybe youve heard of the fella Earl Campbell, and it wasnt his hat but his knee , that did me in.

So which is hotter--east or west Texas?

I grew up here lived all over and them moved back to east Tx in 2006 and have lived here since, and I lived in San Angelo for nearly 10 years, which is closer to west central Tx than West Texas, but to me, it is much hotter here due to the higher humidity and the lack of wind. San Angelo is just west of the geographical center of Tx, tho most agree you aren't really in West Tx until you cross the Pecos.
105 is hot no matter what tho. Haven't reached that this year and I don't think we will--but have seen it in the past in both places and a little higher. We had a lot of consecutive 100+ days here in 2011.

TexasBred":3dcev1u3 said:
Calhoun Farm":3dcev1u3 said:
Once the hype wears off like it did with Tebow, Johnny will be another espn analyst.
And being the shi thead you are, you'll bytch about that too while he makes more millions. Get a life lady.

Heisman, drafted to NFL, football analyst..... not a bad life IMO. It could be a lot worse.

houstoncutter":1n97msjc said:
I had my nose rearanged by the best headbutter ever in a high school all star game kickoff. Maybe youve heard of the fella Earl Campbell, and it wasnt his hat but his knee , that did me in.
As Fred Sanford would have said "You big dummy". When you saw Big Earl you're suppose to suddenly get a cramp, turn your ankle or just go ahead and shyt your pants...do not try to tackle him. :cowboy:

"Don't go trying to grow a brain or gettin creative Pastorini--just take the snap, turn around and hand the ball to Earl"

Calhoun Farm":2ywqkv9l said:
After watching Friday night lights I wanted to move to Odessa lol.

I haven't been to many places around the world but I can't think of a worse place than Odessa TX that I've been
I read somewhere that due the oilfield boom Odessa was one of the most dangerous cities in the US with a huge drug problem and violent crime

Back in the day if the oil companies had an employee that had a boy that was a good football player they'd transfer him to Midland or Odessa or even hire a guy if his boy was a good

At one time midland lee was said to have more coaches on staff than the Dallas cowboys

greybeard":jh43xavd said:
"Don't go trying to grow a brain or gettin creative Pastorini--just take the snap, turn around and hand the ball to Earl"
:clap: :clap: :clap: That they did. A shame he wouldn't simply run out of bounds a few times instead of taking everybody head on but that was simply his mentality. He's now almost an invalid from all that beating.

greybeard":gv1vrs31 said:
Didn't care much for Midland, but I kinda enjoyed Odessa--back when I was single.......... :lol: :lol:

The old saying Midland is a good place to raise a family and Odessa is a good place to raise hell

Latest posts