Johnny Football

Help Support CattleToday:

Shanghai":1nvwb9wd said:
greybeard":1nvwb9wd said:
Didn't care much for Midland, but I kinda enjoyed Odessa--back when I was single.......... :lol: :lol:

The old saying Midland is a good place to raise a family and Odessa is a good place to raise be nice

Read somewhere that if Texas has an armpit it has to be Odessa....just ahead of the "Golden Triangle" down Beaumont way.

TexasBred":3dqk7l2v said:
Shanghai":3dqk7l2v said:
greybeard":3dqk7l2v said:
Didn't care much for Midland, but I kinda enjoyed Odessa--back when I was single.......... :lol: :lol:

The old saying Midland is a good place to raise a family and Odessa is a good place to raise be nice

Read somewhere that if Texas has an armpit it has to be Odessa....just ahead of the "Golden Triangle" down Beaumont way.

How wrong you are Beaumont is where the septic tank is located.

houstoncutter":hjbgn2iy said:
Maybe you've heard of the fella Earl Campbell,
Long time hater of Texas football (Drew Pearson pushed off on Nate Wright)... but loved watching Earl run over defenses.

Teddy, Teddy, Teddy
Bridgewater led an exciting 74 yard game winning drive with 84 seconds left in the game last night.
My Killer Vikes are 2-0 in preseason.
My pet monkey Nostradartmus says...
Vikings start regular season 1-4 then after that 4th loss at Green Bay on Thursday night, Vikes pull Cassel and
Teddy will be the starting qb 10 days later on Sunday at home vs Detroit for a game 6 win.

Caustic Burno":1a61trl8 said:
TexasBred":1a61trl8 said:

How wrong you are Beaumont is where the septic tank is located.

Ya haven't spent much time in Paris Texas have ya?

chippie":zm2dv4sv said:
His true self is showing and he isn't going to make it.
I know that many think that he is the best thing since sliced bread, but I think that he was just lucky in college football. He can't handle being pressed and when he is, he throws blindly. He isn't mature enough to play with the big boys.

http://abc13.com/sports/johnny-manziel-flips-bird-to-sideline/269882/

I don't know about that Chippie...did you see the post game interview? I've never been a big JF fan ( I'm a Longhorn) but he seems to be getting into the groove! There is more smack talk on the field than we see. I'd like to know what they said that prompted him to tell em they were #1!

Kingfisher":3igxktnq said:
I don't know about that Chippie...did you see the post game interview? I've never been a big JF fan ( I'm a Longhorn) but he seems to be getting into the groove! There is more smack talk on the field than we see. I'd like to know what they said that prompted him to tell em they were #1!

Probably something very similar to what the skins said to the referee early in the game that got them an unsportsmanlike penalty added onto the original penalty. A lot goes on we know nothing about. He's got a lot of improvement to make for sure. Time will tell so don't pass judgement so quickly. ;-)

He has all the trademarks of a spoiled entitled rich kid. Now that teams know that they can get in his head, his stay in the nfl may be short. QB's in the nfl have to be cool calm cats!

houstoncutter":34odo0im said:
He has all the trademarks of a spoiled entitled rich kid. Now that teams know that they can get in his head, his stay in the nfl may be short. QB's in the nfl have to be cool calm cats!

Agreed!

chippie":2mb6mfn3 said:
houstoncutter":2mb6mfn3 said:

Agreed!

He is a spoiled entitled rich kid.....His family has been rich for several generations but each generation had to make their own fortune...couldn't wait on dad to die and inherit it...seems he's kept the tradition alive.....And he can dam sure play football too....as well as baseball. ;-) Get over it Chippster. We didn't make it. :cry2:

The biggest issue I have with him is his ego, that's the reason I've never cared for him. Show boat'n has never been my thing, make a great play - acknowledge your linemen and back/receiver and go back to work. No need for the hand gestures and all that BS crap.

Calhoun Farm":1a4cemxa said:
The biggest issue I have with him is his ego, that's the reason I've never cared for him. Show boat'n has never been my thing, make a great play - acknowledge your linemen and back/receiver and go back to work. No need for the hand gestures and all that BS crap.
Everybody celebrates a touchdown....watch him on the sideline...that's where you'll see the real person. That is what he is constantly doing or at least did in college....building up the other guys. Maybe if they ever score you'll get a chance to see it in the pros. :lol2: Haters are gonna hate and supporters are going to support and nothing will ever change either's mind.

Calhoun Farm":3kpr0hec said:
So which side is hotter? East tx or west tx?
You dry up and die in the west Texas heat and you drown in your sweet in east Texas. Both are equally hot....just in a different way.

1982vett":4rot0s0m said:
Calhoun Farm":4rot0s0m said:
So which side is hotter? East tx or west tx?
You dry up and die in the west Texas heat and you drown in your sweet in east Texas. Both are equally hot....just in a different way.

I didn't have a dry thread on me by 9 this morning.
Humidity was at 97% this morning.

Manziel will start the season #2 on the depth chart.
That may have been a calculated move to take the pressure off him and also to take him down a notch and make him realize he is going to have to earn the job.

The sad part based on the history of Cleveland QB's he doesn't have a chance of being successful anytime soon

Calhoun Farm":u44ccrs3 said:

:lol: Where did you play sports? Your grandmother's church league. This little stuff is mild compared to what actually goes on.

Look at car racing, one guy was so pissed he got out of his car to chase the other one down and lost his life for it. That stayed in the news about 3 days at most. JM shoots the finger and its talked about for 3 football seasons. :roll:

Shanghai":5nuecywn said:
Manziel will start the season #2 on the depth chart.
That may have been a calculated move to take the pressure off him and also to take him down a notch and make him realize he is going to have to earn the job.

The sad part based on the history of Cleveland QB's he doesn't have a chance of being successful anytime soon
That too may be the best thing that could happen. Nothing wrong with "growing" on the bench while working out with the 2nd team all week. Many have done it before becoming starters. What's the old saying about having to get knocked down to make you look up??

Latest posts