Johnny Football

Help Support CattleToday:

Son of Butch

Reaction score
Teddy Bridgewater was awful in practice on Monday, throwing 3 interceptions [2 in the red zone]
It would have been 4 interceptions, but an undrafted safety who won't make the team, dropped the 4th pick.
Looks like my Vikings should have grabbed Johnny Manziel.

Fran Tarkenton said the 2 greatest Quarterbacks of all time are... 1B Peyton Manning and himself as 1A.
(He never was known for being humble.)
He also said Johnny Football reminds him of himself and how he played the game.

Tarkenton was always a blast to watch even if you weren't rooting for his team. Yes he and Manziel are similar. Same, never give up attitude, feisty and a bit of "in your face" attitude especially on the field. I can almost hear Tarkenton laughing in the huddle after those big defenders had chased him all over the field and still didn't get him. In the 2012 Alamama/TAMU game after one play there were 4 bama defenders tapping their helmets requesting a sub for a few plays.

Running around like an 8yr old at recess isn't football. That's all Johnny Fauxball does, his true colors will shine when forced to stay in the pocket and complete passes. He's no different than any other over hyped QB from the state of texas that fails at pro ball. How many have done it now? Young and McCoy come to mind as of recently.

Don't give up on Bridgewater yet. Didn't he only have 4 INT's last year? He's a very accurate passer - 31 TD's and a 71% completion percentage last year too. I think he'll be a better QB than Manziel down the road. But I think Manziel will be more fun to watch.

Calhoun Farm":vic9in6c said:
Running around like an 8yr old at recess isn't football. That's all Johnny Fauxball does, his true colors will shine when forced to stay in the pocket and complete passes. He's no different than any other over hyped QB from the state of texas that fails at pro ball. How many have done it now? Young and McCoy come to mind as of recently.
Yea well I think Texas has 12 of the past 51 starting QB in the NFL. What about Drew Brees, mathew Stafford, Andy Dalton and the Eagles QB.....? I'm sure I'm missing a few..

Calhoun Farm":2em7mrg7 said:
Calhoun, he got it done...how doesn't matter. I assume you want him to plant himself in the backfield and wait for someone to get his flag?? That would work for your type football player....slow, clumsy and lazy. When you can't stop someone you condemn the methods he used to defeat you. Let's see....Tennessee gave us Peyton Manning (who I think is an awesome person and QB) but was born and raised in Louisiana...who else besides the lady vols baseketball team??? They wouldn't let you guard their tampon box.. Here's a few more Texas quarterbacks. None went to UT like Young and McCoy but they were born and raised here...you can do a bit more googling and find many more.

Drew Brees (Saints) – Austin Westlake
Andy Dalton (Bengals) – Katy
Chase Daniel (Chiefs) – Southlake Carroll
Matt Flynn (Raiders, Packers) – Tyler Lee
Nick Foles (Eagles) - Austin Westlake
Robert Griffin III (Redskins) – Copperas Cove
Case Keenum (Texans) – Abilene Wylie
Andrew Luck (Colts) – Houston Stratford
Josh McCown (Bears) – Jacksonville
Christian Ponder (Vikings) – Colleyville Heritage
Matthew Stafford (Lions) – Highland Park
Ryan Tannehill (Dolphins) – Big Spring

This is an old list so some may actually not be there anymore, however, like it or not a few more were drafted this year to go on the list. :mrgreen: Now I realize you're the type person who finds it easier to hope someone gets beat to death or ruined for life rather than hope he does well (like him or not) but get over it. Now since we know you don't know shyt about football.....try to learn enough to at least talk about cattle?? :cowboy:

Calhoun Farm":2ib70pid said:
Once the hype wears off like it did with Tebow, Johnny will be another espn analyst.
And being the shi thead you are, you'll bytch about that too while he makes more millions. Get a life lady.

TexasBred":ipf73kei said:
Calhoun Farm":ipf73kei said:
Calhoun, he got it done...how doesn't matter. I assume you want him to plant himself in the backfield and wait for someone to get his flag?? That would work for your type football player....slow, clumsy and lazy. When you can't stop someone you condemn the methods he used to defeat you. Let's see....Tennessee gave us Peyton Manning (who I think is an awesome person and QB) but was born and raised in Louisiana...who else besides the lady vols baseketball team??? They wouldn't let you guard their tampon box.. Here's a few more Texas quarterbacks. None went to UT like Young and McCoy but they were born and raised here...you can do a bit more googling and find many more.

Drew Brees (Saints) – Austin Westlake
Andy Dalton (Bengals) – Katy
Chase Daniel (Chiefs) – Southlake Carroll
Matt Flynn (Raiders, Packers) – Tyler Lee
Nick Foles (Eagles) - Austin Westlake
Robert Griffin III (Redskins) – Copperas Cove
Case Keenum (Texans) – Abilene Wylie
Andrew Luck (Colts) – Houston Stratford
Josh McCown (Bears) – Jacksonville
Christian Ponder (Vikings) – Colleyville Heritage
Matthew Stafford (Lions) – Highland Park
Ryan Tannehill (Dolphins) – Big Spring

This is an old list so some may actually not be there anymore, however, like it or not a few more were drafted this year to go on the list. :mrgreen: Now I realize you're the type person who finds it easier to hope someone gets beat to death or ruined for life rather than hope he does well (like him or not) but get over it. Now since we know you don't know shyt about football.....try to learn enough to at least talk about cattle?? :cowboy:

Out of the list you posted only about 3 or 4 are decent or good QB's the rest are bench warmers. Also, funny how you think because I'm from TN I'm automatically a Vols fan.... :clap:

It's also funny how you get so worked up about stuff on here and I'm the one who needs to get a life :lol2:

ChrisB":2os013p7 said:
Don't give up on Bridgewater yet. Didn't he only have 4 INT's last year? He's a very accurate passer - 31 TD's and a 71% completion percentage last year too. I think he'll be a better QB than Manziel down the road. But I think Manziel will be more fun to watch.
He's a good kid and I hope he does well. Probably just feeling a little extra pressure right now. He'll be ok. Just needs time and I hope they give it to him.

Shanghai":2fmba8de said:
We'll not know what he is capable of
Cleveland is where the careers of rookie QB's die
That definitely has been their history anyway. Been a long time since they've had a contender period.

Calhoun Farm":395us7ef said:
Out of the list you posted only about 3 or 4 are decent or good QB's the rest are bench warmers. Also, funny how you think because I'm from TN I'm automatically a Vols fan.... :clap:

It's also funny how you get so worked up about stuff on here and I'm the one who needs to get a life :lol2:
Yet you list 2 failures and basically claim that represents ALL Texas QB's who went to the pros. es I assumed you've a Vols fan. Don't be ashamed of it. I've rooted for them many a time especially when Manning was playing. A HS friend retired from Middle Tennessee State and never taught at any other school. Still lives in Murphreesborough (sp). But I don't get worked up. I will stand up to you when you start painting with the wide brush and know so little about wht you're painting. Best wishes. ;-)

Vols haven't been the same since the 97, 98, 99 teams. I played defense in hs and it was hard not to like Al Wilson, Leonard Little, and Raynock Thompson. Be hard for them ever have another squad like that. But back to Johnny, the only time I liked him was 2012 when they beat Alabama. I lived there for 2yrs and grew to hate that team working/living around there fan base.

Calhoun Farm":2qckjiyw said:
Running around like an 8yr old at recess isn't football. That's all Johnny Fauxball does, his true colors will shine when forced to stay in the pocket and complete passes

Running around like a fast 8 yr old is exactly how that type of offense is designed, it's called the read option. You find a QB that can throw and has speed of foot, not a running back that can throw. Read where a certain defensive player is committing on a play and go to one of the two or three options from there, including the QB with wheels going for big yards. The QB is now another running threat. Why do you think Saban was whining about players health last year, big slugs can't stop it very well, unless you're Stanford :? .

I guess coming from playing defense from 5th grade to 12th I hated that type of player haha. I always respected and shook the hand of an opposing RB that would hit me head on and not junk and jive and run 100yds side to side to gain 5yds.

Calhoun Farm":3bi5zvh1 said:
I guess coming from playing defense from 5th grade to 12th I hated that type of player haha. I always respected and shook the hand of an opposing RB that would hit me head on and not junk and jive and run 100yds side to side to gain 5yds.
BUT he got five yards and you were worthless on the next play from chasing him. ;-) More truth to that than you realize in todays game. As i said earlier, in that 2012 bama game 4 defensive starters were sucking wind and tapping out after one play....Saban called a TO so they could recover. It was either that or bring in the 2nd teamers. That's how today's game is. I played the old 3 yards and a cloud of dust too..but at 140 and playing CB I was usually a long way from the dust and would have only been in someone's way if I got there. ;-) We threw about 4 passes a game and none of them were over 6-8 yards.

john250":fdigw8gm said:
r.e. Bridgewater and the Vikes. I saw a chart of his results (for Louisville) when the temp was 50 or less at kickoff. Not so good. He's gonna see that a lot in MN.
Manziel's nuts are going to have some wrinkles in the sack too. :lol: :lol:

Latest posts