John Deere Square Baler

Help Support CattleToday:

Bullbuyer

Reaction score
Could someone tell me how much a 12T baler weighs? I know its a stupid question but the old baler might be worth more for scrap that anything else...

Bullbuyer":hzrde3gh said:
I appreciate that quick answer. I hate to scrap the old baler but nobody can get it timed and I hate to haul it very far to auction.

Most JD square balers I have seen are similar. You should be able to fine someone to put it in time or do it yourself. JD has a website where you can order operator manuals and parts manuals. I have 214T and I get parts through Lockards in Flatwoods, should be someone around Lewisburg or Princton that can get you parts. I think mine is a 1970s model.
Fred

Fred -
We've just about give up on square baling - much easier to roll it and get it in the barn. I hate to scrap the old baler but with fuel prices being what they are transporting it very far to auction doesn't make much sense. I was thinking about holding it until that auction at Jackson County this spring. That's a good sale - seems like no matter what the weather, the crowd is still huge.
BB

Bullbuyer":324dmsnt said:
Fred -
We've just about give up on square baling - much easier to roll it and get it in the barn. I hate to scrap the old baler but with fuel prices being what they are transporting it very far to auction doesn't make much sense. I was thinking about holding it until that auction at Jackson County this spring. That's a good sale - seems like no matter what the weather, the crowd is still huge.
BB
I don't do much square baleing either, to much work picking up the bales and I work by myself. I usuall do some square bales for my neighbor who lets me use his land, he keeps horses. I like to put up a few hundred for myself. Round baler the tractor does the lifting. I plan on being at that auction.
Fred

Fred Belknap":p8gp9vuy said:
Bullbuyer":p8gp9vuy said:
I appreciate that quick answer. I hate to scrap the old baler but nobody can get it timed and I hate to haul it very far to auction.

Most JD square balers I have seen are similar. You should be able to fine someone to put it in time or do it yourself. JD has a website where you can order operator manuals and parts manuals. I have 214T and I get parts through Lockards in Flatwoods, should be someone around Lewisburg or Princton that can get you parts. I think mine is a 1970s model.
Fred

I've got a 24t baler and when I bought it I got the original reciept dated 1971 and Fred is right, most parts are still available for it. L&T in Buckhannon is supposed to have a "great" mechanic for the older JD balers. I've got the book that tells how to time it if you'd be interested in it. :D
On the Jackson Co auction, do you have any information on it yet? I'm just getting started farming and always looking for something. :lol:
Glad to see there's others on here from WV. :clap:

Thanks, I sure would like to have a heads up on the date for the auction.

Fred, I'm outside of Buckhannon but I do get around Braxton Co. for work. There seems to be alot of Belknap's up around Chapel, are you in that area?

Latest posts