John Deere Baler and MOCO

Help Support CattleToday:

Brandon$1

Reaction score
I am looking into getting a John Deere 457 SS or 458 SS to bale silage hay; wheat, rye, suddan. Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about these balers. Or what other models would you recommend? Also looking for a John Deere MOCO, say a 925, 926, 935, 936. Is there anything good or bad about these, or what kind of machine would you recommend for cutting wheat, rye, and grasses (canary, suddan). thanks for the help.

We have a John Deere 457 SS and have really liked it. We don't bale many bales with it a year, maybe 700 or so, but have had little issues with it. I haven't ran any other brands so I can't compare. The neighbor does 10,000 plus bales a year custom baling and runs New Holland, although they just got a new John Deere baler this year so I am eager to talk to him to see what baler he likes better. I don't like the net wrap on some New Holland balers since it sits over top of the pto shaft and since I also had to help our neighbor remove a bunch of net wrap that got caught on the pto shaft and melted from the heat into one big mess. But I will admit, the New Hollands make nice, tight bales. Back to the 457, we bale mostly sorghum sudan grass, some clover and also some wheat straw. We have baled silage bales and never had a problem with the baler. Seems to do a very nice job and for the most part, as long as the windrow fits under the tractor, the baler will take it. Like I said, I don't know about the other brands much or even the different model John Deere balers, but I would get another 457 in a heartbeat.

Latest posts