john deere 5075e

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms":1avbq0f2 said:
The M series is out of my price range. Well I think all new John Deere tractors and equipment are out of my price range. John Deere is going the same way as Caterpillar, thanks to the unions.

Yeah the M is definately a lot higher! Other than that is there that much difference?

Yeah the M is definately a lot higher! Other than that is there that much difference?[/quote]

There's quite a difference between the two tractors really. I can see someone that does row crops benefiting from the M series. Lift capacity is more and the cab is nicer. But the rest you can get as options on the E series.

If you walk around them you will see several differences. The 2 that jumped out to me are frame rails, and the lift arms.

I'm not a green guy, but most of the JD tractors being sold around here are M series tractors. As mentioned, the way I understand it E is the economy model. M is in the middle. R tractors have all the bells and whistles.

Neighbor who rents my pasture bought a new 6150M and really likes the tractor :idea:

littletom":1rkz49mt said:
If you walk around them you will see several differences. The 2 that jumped out to me are frame rails, and the lift arms.

I do wonder how hard it is to change those hydraulic hoses inside the lift arms. I do like the idea. Keeps the hoses out of the way and for the most part out of the weather :idea:

The m has the cylinder on the outside for the lift arms. The e does not. Have ran and run a few of the different letters. Each time you go up a letter it gets a bit better.

littletom":3obpprnx said:
The m has the cylinder on the outside for the lift arms. The e does not. Have ran and run a few of the different letters. Each time you go up a letter it gets a bit better.

:???: :???: :???:

I think what we have here is a failure to communicate :p I believe you are talking about the 3 point lift arms, while I was referring to the loader lift arms :tiphat:

The point I originally intended to make is the HOSES for the lift and tilt cylinders of the loader on my neighbor's 6150M are inside the loader arms. That JD loader is the only loader of any make I have ever seen set up like that.

I don't think it is mechanically possible for a loader lift cylinder to be inside the lift arm :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just noticed this tractor on local Craigslist 2014 JD 5085M with H260 loader, 375 hours, asking $27940. A pre-DEF tractor. http://rapidcity.craigslist.org/grd/5453723521.html

I think what we have here is a failure to communicate :p I believe you are talking about the 3 point lift arms, while I was referring to the loader lift arms :tiphat:

The point I originally intended to make is the HOSES for the lift and tilt cylinders of the loader on my neighbor's 6150M are inside the loader arms. That JD loader is the only loader of any make I have ever seen set up like that.

I don't think it is mechanically possible for a loader lift cylinder to be inside the lift arm :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just noticed this tractor on local Craigslist 2014 JD 5085M with H260 loader, 375 hours, asking $27940. A pre-DEF tractor. http://rapidcity.craigslist.org/grd/5453723521.html[/quote]

If I'm not badly mistaken all the new H series loaders have the hoses inside the arms. I bought a 2014 5055E last March and the H240 loader on it is put together that way.

John SD":16arq46s said:
littletom":16arq46s said:

Just noticed this tractor on local Craigslist 2014 JD 5085M with H260 loader, 375 hours, asking $27940. A pre-DEF tractor. http://rapidcity.craigslist.org/grd/5453723521.html

That's doesn't seem like a bad deal. Especially if you could jew on them a little.

Brute 23":3nbf1n7d said:
John SD":3nbf1n7d said:
littletom":3nbf1n7d said:

That's doesn't seem like a bad deal. Especially if you could jew on them a little.

I just noticed I typoed the price in my description. My bad. :oops: Asking $29940, not $27940 :oops: :?

I see a lot of lease return 5085s w/ cab at about U$S 35K. I think you can really deal on the open station units.

How may clock hours can you put on a unit like this before the resale takes a significant drop?

Stocker Steve":37s5fbvu said:
I see a lot of lease return 5085s w/ cab at about 35K.
I think you can really deal on the open station units.

I have no doubt this is true. But at this point in my life, I don't think I would consider a tractor without a good cab on it :oops: I've beat myself with the hot and the cold and the dirt for too long :???:

Latest posts