john deere 5075e

Help Support CattleToday:

Wow, very interesting. I bought a new tractor this time last year. I was looking at the JD 5075E & New Holland T 4.75. I chose the New Holland and haven't been able to find one thing to take it in for warranty work. It has 450 hours on it now. I also thought it was a lot more tractor $ fer $. B&G

You are buying an entry level India made tractor from the bumper to the balls in the lift arms.

I bought one of the early 5093Es. Had a problem with the hydraulics not workinf smoothly. Checked with JD and the early ones had a problem with the fluid pickup and it cause cavitation. They hauled it in and put the repair kit in, did all of the usual 100 hour service and broguht it back with no charges.

Thanks for the replies. I noticed on the Deere website that this model has been updated to look like the larger models, but not other information is listed as of yet.

My dad has the 5075E cab tractor. I drove it several times to rake hay. I can say that I HATE the cab on it. At the same time, my husband had gotten a new 5100E. I drove it a few times and absolutely love it. The cab is totally different.

Mostly, the location and angulation of the hand throttle was just a strain. Secondly, the foot throttle was again, poorly located and a strain to use. Those were my biggest gripes. The third gripe was simply, NOT ENOUGH throttle. Simply not powerful enough for my liking. And not heavy enough so it is a bumpier ride. Smoother than the Kubotas we had prior to this, though.

For just about 5K more you can be in the 5100E. The mechanics at the shop don't like the 5075E,.....they put out white smoke.....all the time. They are not as easy to work on. They sound funny. I can't explain just how. But they don't sound just right.

The 5100E is going to weigh more, ride smoother, and has a roomy cab where you can stretch a bit. My husband's knees were hitting the steering wheel in the 5075E. In the 5100E, there is a fingertip throttle on the right side of the cab, just handy to use. And plenty of power.

So my neck problems could not take another day in the 5075E. We sent it back home to Daddy. And we ended up with two 5100E's.

The 5075E is made in India. The current 5085E/5100E are a bit larger and US made. I have a 5093E, also US made.

The previous poster I think is accurate in the virtues of the US Made "E" models over the Indian models. I would say most everything that was said postive about the 5100E would also apply to the 5085E. So, you probably don't need to look all the way up to the 5100E for an alternative. Before you buy the 5075E, I would suggest at least taking a look at the 5085E. You may decide it offers enough "extra" for the money to be of interst to you.

If the 5000E series is anything like the 5000M series, very little is US made. We have a 2011 JD5056M with a cab and 2WD. The engine is from Mexico, the Transmission is from China, the Hydraulics are from Brazil, the Cab is made in the US and the front axle is from India. It's a 16F/16R with Power Reverser and so far has been a good tractor. The layout in the cab is a bit better than the E series but there's not much difference inside the cab of the new E than the M. These tractors are only assembled in Georgia not manufactured there. Friend of mine took the Gold Key Tour of the factory after buying a 5115M and he said there was no sign of anything being made there only assembly of components from all over the world. Not saying that's a bad thing but I think you have to get into 8R and 9R series to get a US made tractor.

As far as the 75 sounding funny it's probably because it has a 5 cyl. turbo engine. We think JD underrates the PTO HP on these tractors because ours has no problem pulling a a NH H7220 9' DiscBine except in 5' high Oats hay. The 4 cyl. 5085 and up definitely sounds a lot different.

My wife and son had been looking at a Kubota M7040 4WD but the JD dealer was out here setting up a new grain drill and we mentioned that we were looking for a small cab tractor and he said they had bought 18 year end runs of the 5065M and had them priced at $32K, well that was hard to turn down so they went for it, first JD on this farm in 100 years. It was not only the end of the year model run it was the last of the 5065M's to be made. It also has no problem pulling a CaseIH 1250 Grinder-Mixer. The Kubota weighed almost 2000 lbs. less than the JD.

i have a 5065 and have put 770 hours on it. its been a great tractor doing everything i've ever wanted with power to spare.

Currently 20 service hours on our 5075e. It broke down twice. The first time we were out of the field two weeks. It has been three weeks since the last breakdown and it is still not working. Part is on back order.

Beware this tractor, and select your dealer very, very carefully.

jltrent":2o9lcx21 said:
You are buying an entry level India made tractor

Bought one with a FEL and 1,000 hours on it. Has 1,800 hours now.
Extremely handy compared to my fleet of 50 year old tractor, but much lighter. Does not handle a 5x6 well even with weights and fluid.
Starts well in a MN winter with a block heater.
The 3cyl turbo does not have much low end, and the transmission runs warm if I work it hard. Should have a 4 cyl for what I use it for.

It's been about 2 years, since I tractor shopped. I kicked the tires on all the major manufacturers "economy" models. I backed up a few years, and bought the heavy metal.

SuperHerefords":3fx0ybst said:
If the 5000E series is anything like the 5000M series, very little is US made. We have a 2011 JD5056M with a cab and 2WD.

As far as the 75 sounding funny it's probably because it has a 3 cyl. turbo engine. We think JD underrates the PTO HP on these tractors because ours has no problem pulling a a NH H7220 9' DiscBine except in 5' high Oats hay.

My 5075e does NOT handle a 9' disc bine well.

I bought the 5085E new a year ago. One little light glitch. JD fixed it in the field.

I am satified.

HDRider":249vvnmz said:
I bought the 5085E new a year ago. One little light glitch. JD fixed it in the field.

I am satified.
I got one of the early 5093Es. Had a cavitaion problem with the hydraulics. JD hauled it in and back and fixed it under warranty. The only other real problem was the voltage deal from the recpticle inside the cab. That got fixed with a simple wiring addition.

I bought a brand ne5075e. Had it for a year now. Dealer is not trained to service it. Very large dealership too. Has a dangerous clutch problem that their only response to it to deny there is a problem. When releasing clutch slowly such as backing into an implement, tractor jerks. It is now so regular when releasing cutch that it has to be eating up clutch facings. I had a New Holland 106 hp tractor in 2000 that did the same thing and they couldn't beat it ether but at least they took it back and I bought something else. It seems these Dealers are not hiring mechanics trained on these new machines. Also like others have said, there is little low rpm power. one must keep it wrapped up pretty good to work it hard and then it runs hot. But, the cab is comfortable, It's size fits my utility needs, It always starts, and I can get parts when needed quickly.

I have a 5100e and 5065e, good tractors so far. Couple minor problems on both so far, but have been ready to work always. People keep telling I need to go to M series, but I just dont see much difference. What am I missing?

TANK30705":2i12rk7q said:
I have a 5100e and 5065e, good tractors so far. Couple minor problems on both so far, but have been ready to work always. People keep telling I need to go to M series, but I just dont see much difference. What am I missing?
I've got a 5093E and the only issue I've had was the hydraulics were poorly designed when they first started making them. It didn;t pick up the hydraulic fluid from the bottom of the case, only from the middle. At times it would run out of pressure and quit working. JD put in a modification under warranty. Haven;t had any other issues since. It;s only got about 600 hours on it so far.

The M series is out of my price range. Well I think all new John Deere tractors and equipment are out of my price range. John Deere is going the same way as Caterpillar, thanks to the unions.