John Deere 435 Baler Question

Help Support CattleToday:

sonny

Reaction score
I added bale ejection chains to my 435 push bar I have used two different types of clevises to connect the chains but after I use the baler for just a short time the clevis break.
The baler did not have chains when I bought it so I do not know the exact length of the chain I am concerned that I might not have the length of the chain just right. I pulled it tight and fastened but it still breaks. Dealer wants $41 for new chains, but they cannot tell me the length. I suspect that my current chain might be a little too short.
This is not a big deal I baled this year without just making sure to back up enough before ejecting the bale. It would be nice to get this fixed however, especially when I drive up the road the bale ejector bar sometime flies up because it is not anchored.
If anyone can help it would be appreciated.
Thanks

I have went through the manual multiple times and they do not include the length of the bale push bar chain. I was hoping someone else may have had this problem and resolved it or could measure the length of their push bar chain and I would try and match it.
thanks.

If you haven't got this resolved, the length should be 22.165 inches according to John Deere Parts.com

The clevis on these chains are notorious for breaking. I have broken these links on my 535, then my 566 and now my 567. John Deere just doesn't get it. They aren't strong enough!

I am not familiar with this baler but if you are talking floor chains on a round baler, I had similar problems. I finally bought new floor chains and breaking stopped. The old stuff had just gotten weak. Mine NH has adjustments for each floor chain tension. I may be way off base with your problem though as I don't know your baler.

Latest posts