joe pa

Help Support CattleToday:

As to the guy who was the grad assistant.....
Bear in mind that he was a lowly grad assistant and dealing with his superiors who were considered football gods.
Not to mention that both of them were his bosses.
Either of them could have black listed him and he would have never worked in anything above high school football.
It is easy to monday morning quarterback his actions from our remote locations.
It is tougher to slug your boss....depending on the job....I have had a few I wanted to slug but they were all s...o...b enough to have had me jailed and I did not need the hassle or the record.
He reported to his supriors......I do not know if he sprinted to the office or reported it the next week....and theat should have some bearing...... and I am sure he was told that it was being taken care of.

Sorry pdf, that doesn't cut it. Sandusky was no longer on the coaching staff at Penn State in 2002. The "grad assistant" was 28 years old at the time so he wasn't some young kid fresh off the roster. He should have intervened, I would have and I was once a 22 year old grad assistant and in fairly big time college program myself many moons ago. I can't imagine letting any of the older coaches I worked under get away with what has been alleged here.

This is a sick and disgusting affair.

I can not say that I disagree with you Tennessee Tux.
I also have not read directly what he saw. the first report I heard was that he saw the two together in the shower. I now understand that he saw much more than that.

I agree that a lot of heads need to roll....

Interestingly I was in Drs office this morning and picked up a March issue of SI and there was a big article about the number of criminals in college athletic programs and they had done a study on the top ranked 25 college football programs. Bottom line was the attitude was win baby win....If you are not curently incarcerated ....we may be bowl eligible. My own Va Tech was ranked number 6 in rap sheet percentage players.

but we don't hang criminals any more....we rehabilitate and give second chances and habituate. After all we can not all jump six feet into the air to catch a ball one handed with a paw the size of a seal flipper. We must make allowances to win.

All of theses men need to be in jail, including joe paterno. Just read the Grand jury report...

To me joe pa is as guilty as sandusky, this should have been reported to authority off school grounds as well,I feel bad for the kids this affected and they have to deal with it for the rest of their lives, hope they rip down that statue of joe pa that stands on the Penn st grounds.

LRTX1":k1pe8e99 said:
Well, I understood that he reported it to his superior. He should have reported it to the Sheriff as well. It's not like he was told somebody was skimming office supplies.

There, that sort of behavior only has to be reported to a "superior," not law enforcement. One of the few states in the country that doesn't require reporting to LE. Bet that gets changed pretty darn quick! Still, my little brain can't get around NOT reporting it, and just passing the info up the line. :roll:

This may be MUCH worse. I hope this is truly just a rumor.

Sportswriter Mark Madden went on WEEI in Boston and reported a rumor that alleged child molester Jerry Sandusky would pimp out boys to rich donors.

"I hear a rumor that there will be a shocking development from the Second Miles Foundation ... That Jerry Sandusky and Second Mile were pimping out young boys to rich donors."

Madden claims it's being investigated by "two prominent columnists."

We'd say this is ridiculous, and that you should take it with a grain of salt. But Madden actually wrote about Sandusky for the Beaver County Times six months ago — long before the scandal blindsided everyone else this week.

Read more: http://articles.businessinsider.com/201 ... z1dOD8lr2I

Maybe these guys will go to jail and then learn to "truly understand" what these poor little kids had to endure. There would be a little justice in that.

If all the rumors are true, I think Paterno can be summed up in one word--HYPOCRIT. I always held him in high esteem but now I begin to wonder if all of his "goodness" wasn't just to build his reputation to feed his ego.

Heard today that it's pretty likely that the whole coaching staff is getting cleaned out. That's how pro college football works I suppose. Maybe they should try going back to the good old days when athletes had to actually go to classes and get passing grades just like ordinary students. Might even consider having them post their own bonds and/or serve jail time like ordinary folks, too.

ANYBODY that had any knowledge of these goings on should be held accountable, and spend a long time in jail, at the very least.

Jim62":jyopepgi said:
Heard today that it's pretty likely that the whole coaching staff is getting cleaned out. That's how pro college football works I suppose. Maybe they should try going back to the good old days when athletes had to actually go to classes and get passing grades just like ordinary students. Might even consider having them post their own bonds and/or serve jail time like ordinary folks, too.

ANYBODY that had any knowledge of these goings on should be held accountable, and spend a long time in jail, at the very least.

Yup!! "Honor" only stretches so far . . . . . . And they blew it.

Though I personally believe that the rest of this year's football games should have been cancelled, I am relieved that today's game went off without any disasters, at least so far as I'm aware.

I have a feeling that this entire horrendous "thing" (for lack of a better word) is just beginning; I fear they've only grazed the tip of the iceberg and there will be far reaching repercussions for a long time to come.

slick4591":3062qzm1 said:
He!! of a time to find out you have lung cancer.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/18/us/pennsy ... index.html

That's really sad -- but he's looked frail during the recent press push. I'm not saying he shouldn't answer for any part he had in this mess, and his health condition shouldn't preclude that; but I hope the press can just stay away from that very personal medical issue as he deals with it. I hate those interviews: "Well, how is this affecting you?" "Is this just well-timed to take some heat off current PennState sports issues?" and similar bullshituous stuff you see in the media.

Call me cynical, but isn't this announcement a little suspect? Could he avoid testifying if he's sick? And lung cancer or not, he's lived (already) longer than average. And he could have stopped it. Best wishes to him fighting the cancer. I hope he is able to testify, and I hope he won't duck it.

Gale Seddon said:
Though I personally believe that the rest of this year's football games should have been cancelled, I am relieved that today's game went off without any disasters, at least so far as I'm aware.

Cancel, how many $$$$$$$$$$ would that cost Penn State? That's what college football is about.
Saw where Nick Saban makes @$4.5M and the pres of Al makes @$450k. Les Myles makes @$3.75 and the LSU pres makes @$450k. Ever wonder why the coaches put up with all the on the team off the team bros? It's bucks, big bucks. Don't mess with college football :deadhorse:

If you have to allow children to be mollested to have a successful college football program I'm for cancelling the sport entirely.

Why would you cancel this years games..?? The game has nothing to do with the coaches.. the kids that worked their butts off for the past few years that were in elementary school when it happened shouldn't be punished for this crime...

Latest posts