RIP Joe Pa

Help Support CattleToday:

A great football coach who made a terrible mistake in life. I wonder how much the stress and thought of being done with coaching aided in his death ...... He was on the sidelines and coaching football just months ago.

RIP Joe

Alan

He put the football program ahead of a little kids well being. Didn't follow thru on the reporting.
You better believe if someone came to me with that I go I would make dern sure that it don't fall on deaf ears and the person responsible would not be working for me.
He can rot as far as I care. Him and anyone else with knowledge of what happened that didn't push it as far as it could legally go.
How anyone can feel sorry for the lot is beyond me

hooknline":2whbjzuo said:
He put the football program ahead of a little kids well being. Didn't follow thru on the reporting.
You better believe if someone came to me with that I go I would make dern sure that it don't fall on deaf ears and the person responsible would not be working for me.
He can rot as far as I care. Him and anyone else with knowledge of what happened that didn't push it as far as it could legally go.
How anyone can feel sorry for the lot is beyond me
He made very bad choices -- I don't disagree with you.

Remember he didn't commit the those acts. He along with tons of other people knew what was going on and probably knew more than him so you cant say the man should rot when he touched the lives of thousands of young people. He should have done more but so should everyone else. Harsh words saying a man should rot for making a bad decision but then again when you watch espn and they make him the face of the scandal I guess its easy to say that. Its sad that man that helped young people for generations is going to be remembered like this. Its a lot easier to criticize when your not in their shoes and playing monday morning quarterback. RIP Joe pa

Not true. All that had knowledge and allowed Sandusky to stay employed, free and live his fine life should rot. It was all a big coverup to protect the football program and it's rep. Anyone who says otherwise is denying the obvious.
I don't even get espn much less watch it.
It's pretty sad when the measure of a man is how many football games he won.

Well I'am not judging Coach Joe Pa, he was the just coach after all. I do have a problem with the guy that supposedly saw the rape. He should of stopped it when he saw it, and called the law. He should be charged as an accessory to the crime.

The guy is one of the all time best college coaches in history, however, he'll be remembered as having the poorest judgement and making one of the worst decisions of about any coach in history. This wasn't about the players at all...it was about the dam coaches and the "program" and Joe. I always liked the guy and thought he was a class act but he was bad wrong on this one.

TexasBred":2uxtxryd said:
The guy is one of the all time best college coaches in history, however, he'll be remembered as having the poorest judgement and making one of the worst decisions of about any coach in history. This wasn't about the players at all...it was about the dam coaches and the "program" and Joe. I always liked the guy and thought he was a class act but he was bad wrong on this one.

I mourn Joe as I would any man. Speak no ill of the dead. So...
http://www.theonion.com/articles/joe-pa ... -te,27125/

The world is a better place because of Paterno. He made a terrible mistake in judgement and paid dearly for it. May he rest in peace.

john250":148j8k3r said:
TexasBred":148j8k3r said:

I mourn Joe as I would any man. Speak no ill of the dead. So...
http://www.theonion.com/articles/joe-pa ... -te,27125/
His lack of action will speak volumes as well as create questions for years.

I'm not at all a sports fan so maybee i'm a little jaded but he should rot in H**** for letting that happen under his watch. Years in the dairy business has taught me that shyt doesn't always flow downhill, sometimes it just splatters and it's up the everyone that it hits to wipe it off.
I don't know or care what that football program is worth, it ain't worth selling your soul for. Every single person who found out and ignored it has blood on their hands.

I didn't figure he would last long after he got fired . Kinda sad it happened the way it did and horrible that he covered up what happened .

Latest posts