jdh brahman semen

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Hello, I breed brahman cattle in Venezuela, I have been following the boards for quite a while and have noticed that there are a few fellow Brahman breeders here on the boards, the thing is I've finally decided to try a couple of the bulls in Hudgins lineup via A I, I've chosen Mr. Elmo Manso 309/4 and Sir Paul Manso 463/1, any opinions on these guys or any other Hudgins bulls,

Well I would like to buy some females and some of their semen bulls stuff that is! IMO they have some good stock and i can't wait to buy from them. I know that if you have that brand name your cattle sale be it bad or good.

Unless someone in the US has purchased the bull and then sells the semen then it is not available in the US. I think both bulls are foreign sales only. You will not find much information from the people here as we have no progeny, that is unless we bought it from Hudgens.

I will go back and get more Hudgins heifers this fall. Elmo is a great bull and with the right cows you will be pleased with his calves

IMG_0323_Large_.JPG

14 month old Elmo daughter

:nod: , thats right, wow, what a heifer, big time female. What are you planning to breed her to? Keep us updated. I sure hope those bulls will add thickness and performance to the calves. I will post pics if I can figure out how to upload. Could anyone put together a video tutorial on how to upload and post pics , maybe put it on youtube, would make my life easier.

russoniello vinicio":2upngpge said:
:nod: , thats right, wow, what a heifer, big time female. What are you planning to breed her to? Keep us updated. I sure hope those bulls will add thickness and performance to the calves. I will post pics if I can figure out how to upload. Could anyone put together a video tutorial on how to upload and post pics , maybe put it on youtube, would make my life easier.
Don't know about youtube but set up a photobucket acct. to post pics here.

russoniello vinicio":22led3tb said:
:nod: , thats right, wow, what a heifer, big time female. What are you planning to breed her to? Keep us updated. I sure hope those bulls will add thickness and performance to the calves. I will post pics if I can figure out how to upload. Could anyone put together a video tutorial on how to upload anderson post pics , maybe put it on youtube, would make my life easier.

Thanks!
Well Elmo has been used on red cattle too and he throws red calves.
So I am going to breed her to a dark red bull with lots of pigment and her calf should be red. But the bull has to be built like a tank!!! So I am still looking at who to use.

Two of my favorite sirs from Hudgins is JDH MR. SUPERCALC MANSO 310/2 and
JDH SARASOTA MANSO 880/2
I like Sarasota best based on his milk EPD and before he passed I had a chance to see him, the both are bulls I would consider what a Brahman to look like.
They have many other's but those 2 stood out.
The Locke version of Hudgins has a Red Brahman bull gentle as can be, can't call the name at the moment, but can't wait to buy semen, or even something live off of him.

It is kinda tough to pick a red brahma in my opinion there are not many options available, its a compromise, red bulls have generally looser sheath, and pack less muscle than gray brahmas, but they are a fine breed anyhow in the cross breeding game, on another note I was wondein how you holdin up with the drought in Texas. Maybe take a look at this guy, VL Rojo Designer 4/128.

All my cows arr staying fat on the little grass they have.
I have been feeding my . They are having a hard time recovering from breeding. Its hard pulling a bull off cows in the summer and they dont have alot to eat to pick up weight.

There are a few ted bulls with good muscling and flesh. I have seen some. The hard part ia picking the right one.

Yes I beleive that to be the bull.
Here are the names of some of my favorite red bulls aslo. topping the list is 3H X Ray 825 I actually had a herd sire from and he was the most gentle animal ever and so was his growthy calves. Rojo Mule at Deterrings Red Brahmans is one of my favorites as well. Some older ones are Sting Ray and 3x Sophisticated Millionaire 80/3, to name a few.

I bought a heifer from Dr.Bryant. He ai'd another one of my heifers to stingray.
He is a good guy an has an outstanding herd of red Brahman.

yes I can't wait to visit Bryants Red Brahmans. XRay proably is my favorite at this point.
Brafordman you gotta post a pic of that calf.

texast":1z6hoviw said:
yes I can't wait to visit Bryants Red Brahmans. XRay proably is my favorite at this point.
Brafordman you gotta post a pic of that calf.

The stingray calf that should be here in a few weeks?

Latest posts