It's that time of the year 🎄

Help Support CattleToday:

Let the fence critique begin!!
The landlord might get upset with me posting a picture of his fence.

I don't know how they do it, but they always manage to find a place to park out in the country, usually a farmer/rancher that has a couple or three RV hookups.

I don't know how they do it, but they always manage to find a place to park out in the country, usually a farmer/rancher that has a couple or three RV hookups.
I might go RVing more if I could find those types of places. Is there a way of locating them?

I have an older cousin in Terrell Tx that does the RV motorhome thing. She spends most summers up north, sometimes driving as far as NY state and winters down in the Rio Grand Valley. She arranges beforehand to park and work at a state or national park, working as a guide to get the free parking.

Wife just finished our tree last night and the living room is a mess from all the empty boxes and the 29 years worth of 'Christmas stuff' we've accumulated and didn't use this year. I told her 'anything we don't use this year, gets thrown out or hauled to Goodwill".
DSC00265.JPG
DSC00262.JPG

That is of course an artificial tree and a cheap one but once upon a time, about 28 years ago, our 1st Christmas together in early December, it snowed pretty heavy in San Angelo where we lived at the time. We decided to walk down to H-E-B for some reason, about 1/2 mile thru the snow and while there, bought a Christmas tree and carried it back in it's box. I'll always remember that walk (new love is so great) and we've kept and used that same tree ever since. (we have a smaller one that is in a front window in another room)

I'm working on some plywood yard stuff since we now live in a subdivision. A snowman and a toys soldier but the (now) toy soldier looks more like a short fat school crossing guard. (Picture of that later.)
KIMG0229[902].jpg

KIMG0233[901].jpg

Once our kids got out of the house I got the Baa-humbugs and didn't want to put up lights.

So I made GRINCH that was stealing 'em off the house (only had to put up a few) to go along with the snowman and Texas Santa

Attachments

• Photo267.jpg
    Photo267.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Photo261.jpg
    Photo261.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Photo254.jpg
    Photo254.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Photo253.jpg
    Photo253.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Photo249.jpg
    Photo249.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Photo098.jpg
    Photo098.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 6
I might go RVing more if I could find those types of places. Is there a way of locating them?

Googling something like "RV Hookups near me" would probably turn up pretty good results. The meadery that's 1-1/2 mile down the road from me has hookups for two or three, but I don't know if a search like that would turn up small places like that.

We put up a string of lights around the garage door and out the top of the fence in front of the house. That makes us the best decorated place in the neighborhood. Of course there is only 3 other places between here and the post office 5 miles away so the competition isn't real stiff. The wife made some wreathes out of juniper and sage brush for a couple years. One for our front gate and a couple for neighbors. About the only indoor thing is hanging up the Christmas sock my Grandmother made for me about 65+ years ago.PC131351.JPGPC231365.JPG

Googling something like "RV Hookups near me" would probably turn up pretty good results. The meadery that's 1-1/2 mile down the road from me has hookups for two or three, but I don't know if a search like that would turn up small places like that.
It might be wise to Google with another term than 'hookups'.

Latest posts