It's dry in south Alabama!

Help Support CattleToday:

circlew

Reaction score
No tilled some millet over at the cousin's yesterday for hay and doves. The drill worked great. Came to the house to plant some for some grazing and the drill would cut some then scratch a little then just ride on top of the ground. I knew we were getting dry but not that bad! :cry2: Suppose to rain the end of the week. Hope to get it planted by then, if not then may just wait til next year. How is the weather for everyone around the gulf coast dry, wet, or just right?

In middle Ga. its real bad, last rain was 3/8 inch 2 weeks ago. And no rain for 1 month before that. Hopefully next week it will rain, already sold some heifers I was going to keep, along with some cull cows.

We did a little better than that. We got 8/10 two weeks ago but since January we've only got maybe 2 inches. :bang: We have about a 40% chance friday but idk if we'll get any.

Here in east Arkansas we are getting one rain after another, I should be through cutting all my rye grass and haven't even been able to start because of the rain. We have one 40 acre bermuda grass field under about 5 feet of water, I sure wish i could send some to all of y'all.

We sure could use it. All the fronts seem to dump the water way north of us. Its getting bad. We have a slight chance this weekend but I'm afraid they'll be too many people praying for a pretty weekend for us to get any.

Yep Dry in east central alabama. And others are flooded from rain to the north. As bad as drought is I am glad I am not flooded and sorry for those that are. Grand dad always sait it would rain sooner or later.

Vett- I couldn't agree more. A long rainy weekend would be just fine with me.

Alabama- Where are you located? I know most of the fronts that have come through the bands break up around monroe county and go north and south of us. Last time it didn't, maybe it was a sign.

I am looking at the 1 inch cracks soil in the black prairie mud in my area, hay is starting to brown at top, the hay man needs to get to cutting before is dries up. He could cut today and bale tomorrow

The only water in deep south Louisiana is in the path of the open flood gates.
Everywhere else is getting crispy crunchy.

circlew":cizlq4hc said:
Vett- I couldn't agree more. A long rainy weekend would be just fine with me.

Alabama- Where are you located? I know most of the fronts that have come through the bands break up around monroe county and go north and south of us. Last time it didn't, maybe it was a sign.

South Tallapoosa county

The weather man is saying we are gonna get a big line thru tomorrow after lunch and then maybe a little one after dark too. So its starting to look up. One good rain and the millet will take off!

I could use some rain but one line of showers ain't gonna. But it will hold be for a few more days.

South Georgia ,we also need some much needed rain,I pray we all get some rain where it is needed.

circlew":lcfemptl said:
The weather man is saying we are gonna get a big line thru tomorrow after lunch and then maybe a little one after dark too. So its starting to look up. One good rain and the millet will take off!

Boy, how many times that's been said. it's the one used for 5 or 6 years up until last year...when it just turned into needing rain....

circlew":brx6h1s8 said:

I'm in the same boat. My millet is wilting. I see the light but with my luck its a train coming.

Jogeephus":6ro802wh said:
circlew":6ro802wh said:

I'm in the same boat. My millet is wilting. I see the light but with my luck its a train coming.

Time to
beer.gif
and
icon_011.gif

We were supposed to get some off of that line too.

Nothing.

Since I didn't get it, I hope it saved it up and then some for you guys east of here.