It's dry in south Alabama!

Help Support CattleToday:

Rode the tractor all day wednesday and tilled up about 20 acres. Broadcast some tif 9 with a little brown top millet mixed in on thursday morning. Took most of the day to roll it cause the ground was so dry. Didn't want to churn it up and get the seed too deep by going to fast. Was hoping to get some of that rain that popped up but it mostly stayed south of us. Got some late thursday evening that was able to stay overnight, but once the sun came up it didn't take long for things to dust back up. Fridays rain only stuck for a couple of hours. Hoping to get some rain this coming week.

They said this morning that a gulf low is gonna sit over use starting tomorrow and stay til this weekend. :banana: My pearl is about 5 inches. Gonna put some chicken liter out this week.

It's raining good now. Huge line coming through. Looks like an all nighter. :banana: :banana: Got a 50% or higher chance through next Wednesday :banana: :banana: .
Suppose to put chicken liter out tomorrow but may not if we get a lot of rain. May have jinx myself, after I planted my millet I said I hope it rains so much I can't get in to fertilize. May have to put the spreader on the tractor and go at with 300# of commercial at the time. :shock:

Latest posts