It's a haylage year.

Help Support CattleToday:

Silver

Reaction score
Haven't made a dry bale yet and we are 3 weeks behind. Supposed to rain all day tomorrow. Ugh.

teszZUb.jpg

All my 2nd cut got at least one good soak, one field left to do.. I did manage to get it all dry but it definitely lost some of it's greenness

Man that looks good!! What kind of grass are you wrapping there? And, just curious as to how many rolls you have wrapped and how many head of cattle you have too.

if I'm not mistaken, that's wrapped - not tubed. Best way to put up baleage.
In NY, we never even dream about putting up fist cutting dry. Right now I am praying we get 2nd cut put up dry. Not much to put up, but really, really, need some dry hay.

kilroy60 said:
Man that looks good!! What kind of grass are you wrapping there? And, just curious as to how many rolls you have wrapped and how many head of cattle you have too.

Thanks. There is about 1200 bales there so far, mostly alfalfa / brome / timothy mix.

chevytaHOE5674 said:
Just think of all that plastic to dispose of come spring. LoL. That's what I hate the most about wrapping hay.

I do my part to ensure a warmer climate for my northern latitude 8)

chevytaHOE5674 said:
I've been doing my part also but it's a stinky job that takes forever as the plastic I use doesnt seem to burn very good. Lol

:lol: not using enough diesel and Burt oil to get her going..... ;-)

You are about 1200 bales ahead of here. Going to try to make some crop circles tomorrow.

Latest posts