It has helped in the past so here goes again!!

Help Support CattleToday:

plbcattle

Reaction score
In central arkansas we are the driest we have been since 1973 and 7th driest since we started keeping weather records for the state of arkansas. I have complained,bitc$(%,and moaned twice before and the next day we got rain. So here I go again maybe the rain gods pay attention to my post. I NEED RAIN !!!
I have been feeding hay for most of the summer. I spent a lot of money on fertilizer,weed spray, adn cheyenne bermudagrass and have about 2 inches of rain all summer to show for it. forgive me if I keep ranting, but if it will get me rain I am going to vent

You've had 2 more inches than we have .

Wish I had some hay to feed . :(

Man must be dry everywhere. We havent started feeding hay yet but its drying up. No rain forcasted for this week or next. If the rain God's help you send them my way as well.

So far we've been lucky up here, a dry winter and little rain in early spring but we were smiled upon as soon as the alfalfa started comming up and have had rain every week since. The rain usually stopps in June and stays dry until October. I hope that it gets better for y'all.

Locally the weather liars are claiming this has been the driest March-April-May since the dust bowl. Comforting thought! Looks like we may include June in that tally also.

dun

BWranch----very good site, thanks alot. I guess for those of us in the dry areas, the brightest news is that the majority of the corn growing areas have good moisture. With the dry weather and shorter hay supply the price of calves is already off 10-15 from a couple of weeks ago and cow-calf pairs were 150-200 cheaper this week and springers 100-150 cheaper. If the corn growing areas come up with dry news and lower corn estimates it would shoot the price of corn up and we would see a fast 30 percent or more drop in calf prices. Last year, I was afraid of a drought because May and June were so dry, but then July was the wettest on record, which saved us, but then we had a combined 3 tenths of an inch in august and september. Never can tell what will happen. Hope everyone gets the rain they need in time

Even by county it can;t break things down fine enough. Lebanon had several days in a row a couple of weeks ago with a couple of inches of rain each day. We got .8 for that entire period and we're only 12 miles SE of there.

dun

Around here we never mention the "R" word or for that matter comment on the weather at all because bad things will happen. If we were to say the weather is nice it will surely cause it to rain tomorrow. If we say it has been raining too much it will rain harder tomorrow. If you mow hay it will definately rain tomorrow and for the next week. Of course living in Western Washington it will rain tomorrow most of the time no matter what you do.
Dave

It's scary here on the N.E. OK /N.W. Ark border where I live. There were some storms that came through a couple ago but they seemed to split about the time they got to my place. The town of Grove, Ok. got 4 inches and I got diddly. Makes it easy to find your calves, doesn't it? Don't have to look in the tall grass. Now the heat is building and I don't see a break in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for letting me vent.

yep, dry here too, and i am concerned about august...around july 4th, the rains usually shut off here until sept and we are already to the point it will take more than just one rain to turn us around.

been wanting to buy some more cows, but now i am glad that i havent..

jt

according to the local weather liars this is going to be the driest june since they started keeping records. sure do'nt help with tank water. we have not had a tank filler since the first of the year. we sprigged some costal and it did not make it . lost more money on that. ha!ha! the man will send it when he thinks it is right. i just hope he do'nt forget us.

Dave: I'll second your thought. I'm north of you, but have the same feeling. Don't mention it or it will rain harder. Perfect grass growing weather, but wouldn't mind 75-85 for a couple weeks.

Wish there was a way to push some to those that need it...good luck.

endebt.. you must be in a different area of "central Texas" than I am. We had a couple of good rains in early May. Of course this is the only time this "blackland" is worth having. Of course we could use a rain any day now, but it's not a disaster here.. yet.

Well, I wish I could send you all some that we got yesterday. It rained so hard for an hour that I had to wade through two inches of standing water to get to the truck. And its sposed to rain even more today.

I hope you folks get rain soon. We've been pretty well blessed here. We are getting dry but not crutial yet. We have been 8 days without rain so we could use a good slow shower.

Latest posts