It Can't Be

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":15utbafc said:
They are predicting our fourth snow tomorrow this winter, thats 28 years worth for us in one winter.

We have had more water than usual too. It probably goes hand in hand. I joke about the global warming thing and all the snow but the truth is, it gets plenty cold enough to snow here every winter. This winter we have had a lot of moisture in conjunction with the cold.

CB there's springs flowing out of hills that I have not seen flow in well over a dozen years. All these folks from out of state moving in and punching water wells have dropped the tables. Lots of flowing creeks (even during the droughts) don't flow much any more. They are flowing now.

I don't like snow.

backhoeboogie":1dmnhkp5 said:
Caustic Burno":1dmnhkp5 said:
They are predicting our fourth snow tomorrow this winter, thats 28 years worth for us in one winter.

We have had more water than usual too. It probably goes hand in hand. I joke about the global warming thing and all the snow but the truth is, it gets plenty cold enough to snow here every winter. This winter we have had a lot of moisture in conjunction with the cold.

CB there's springs flowing out of hills that I have not seen flow in well over a dozen years. All these folks from out of state moving in and punching water wells have dropped the tables. Lots of flowing creeks (even during the droughts) don't flow much any more. They are flowing now.

I don't like snow.

Yeah but you live in the desert compared to me. We have a spring fed creek that runs year around at the bottom of every hill. Tyler county is feed by the Catohula aquaifer and has more springs than any county in Texas.
We always get lots of rain usually an ice storm or two every winter, snows but seldom sticks. It is sticking this year.

Once the rain passed yesterday it was like spring here. High is going to be near 70 today but its supposed to cool off some later this week. All the moisture is a big change from the last few years. Maybe the worm has turned and raising cattle will be easy like it should be.

Snowing here now. Nothing like we had ten days ago but it is still pretty to look at. I don't think that this will cause any problems for anyone around here. Pretty weak stuff.

Got a drizzle/sleet mix going on for about and hour now. Just came in from feeding the cows before it gets any worse. Temp is 34.

It has snowed here all day long but none of it has stuck. If it had, I reckon we'd have had five or six inches of it by now. I don't guess it is cold enough. That's okay with me. I know some of the kids are disappointed that school didn't let out early. Steve says that they closed the plant down early in Waco.

Turned to snow about 1 pm. Been steady since, Looks like about and 1 1/2 - 2 inches on the BBQ shelf. Appears like it doesn't want to stick to mud. :lol: Walked by the rain guage and it has 3/10ths (water) in it. I guess if we would have had a hard freeze last night it would be sticking, but then it probably wouldn't be snowing. The freeze is comming tonight.

We had sleet then snow over the weekend. Since then we have had sunny days in the 20's that cause a little melting, followed by single digit nights. So every day the surfaces get a little smoother and slicker. Don't know who I'm the most worried about doing the splits on the ice, the cows or ME.

Sounds like you all got a wet winter im in northern alberta and could sure use some of that moisture up here had one of the worst droughts this summer and fall and only about a foot of snow all winter [usually get 3-4 feet of snow in normal year] going to need a lot of rain or more snow to fill the dugouts for water this summer as they almost dryed up last fall. need the rain to let grass to get ahead of grasshoppers or going to be lots of trouble this year lots of farmers are running out of hay and many cows going to market for lack of feed.

For one I am ready for this hog killin weather to pass. I haven't even thought about planting the garden yet usually have taters in the ground by now.

Latest posts