Is this possible?

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
My neighbor called me, scared to death that her basement is overridden with snakes. She found a dead one hanging with its head in the rafters, and the body extending all the way to the floor, dead for awhile(Don't ask why it took her so long to find it...) Anyways now she is wondering how the thing died. Is it possible that the snake ate a mouse, that had eaten some mouse poison, and thats what killed it? Or maybe someone has some other ideas? Just curious.

GMN

That sounds very possible to me of course if he was that long he could have died of old age too but my money is on poison.

sounds like he ate a posined mouse or rat an it killed him.but who really knows what killed him.

Believe it or not, we had a snake that electrocuted itself when it crawled over the doorbell transformer in the crawlspace.

I say it could have happened, but then, we have put out bait in the hen houses several times, and those chickens peck at a mouse once it is dying and crawls out and none of them have died. Maybe you have do get it in your digesestive system. That sounds like a long old snake. We don't have basements around here.