Is there something fishy here?

Help Support CattleToday:

Somethings fishy, but hard to say what. Why don't people, instead of making a phone call, put their transmission in neutral if the accellerator gets stuck?

Cause most of them panic and/or don't know how to handle a stick!

It is hard to understand - I had a '56 Ford with a four barrell that used to do the same thing. I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't a problem with the onboard computer system!

ga. prime":fid6rrxn said:
Somethings fishy, but hard to say what. Why don't people, instead of making a phone call, put their transmission in neutral if the accellerator gets stuck?
Do you suppose at night these same people just let the cars run out of gas instead of turning the ignition key off.

Sounds like a good way to beat a speeding ticket or get a big cash settlement and new car from Toyota.

Listened to the guy on news as he sauteed his jury about "his experience" and he didn't strike me as a fool who couldn't put it in neutral or turn the car off. These people just blow my mind.

Didn't he say something about "pushing the button two or three times before it would turn off" ? I haven't been in a new car in decades,do they have buttons now? I think it is an evil computer chip that is trying to take over the world!

I think this started out as a torpedo job by the government (OM) to throw a little curve at Toyota. Then, americans saw an opportunity to get rich the american way, and started piling on with their ambulance chasing maggot lawyers.

Hard to imagine Toyota being the most dependable, most trouble-free, and best liked vehicle in america for 50+ years, and suddenly every vehicle they manufactured in the last 15 or 20 years has a sticking accelerator and/or faulty brakes, and tries to run away with whomever gets behind the wheel.

Apparently, americans are just too stupid to step on brakes, turn off keys, or shift into neutral.

Hmmmmmm. Shifting is the only way I can think of to get into neutral. I guess "SHIFT" is a no-no word.

HILARIOUS !!

Jim62":20ej975a said:
I think this started out as a torpedo job by the government (OM) to throw a little curve at Toyota. Then, americans saw an opportunity to get rich the american way, and started piling on with their ambulance chasing maggot lawyers.

Hard to imagine Toyota being the most dependable, most trouble-free, and best liked vehicle in america for 50+ years, and suddenly every vehicle they manufactured in the last 15 or 20 years has a sticking accelerator and/or faulty brakes, and tries to run away with whomever gets behind the wheel.

Apparently, americans are just too stupid to step on brakes, turn off keys, or be nice into neutral.

Hmmmmmm. Shifting is the only way I can think of to get into neutral. I guess "be nice" is a no-no word.

HILARIOUS !!
they let toyota get a toe hold in the mid seventies through the eighties... gm chrysler,ford built pure sht during that period.. they kept it simple and functional while they experimented .

As of today, I still see news reports that Toyota denies the "drive by wire" problem.
I don't see any other explanation. Airplanes make you turn off your wireless devices at a certain time before landing. I don't have trouble believing that texting while driving could net you 100 mph.
Toyota has built a lot of good cars. I would hate to see them ruined.

I called my brother and he - an owner of a Prius - is going to perform some experiments for me. I asked him to:

1. toss the little black box key sensor thing out the window and see if the car will continue to run.

2. shift the car into neutral while he's moving

3. turn the car off while its moving.

Yeah, he went green and I've had lots of fun reminding him of it. BTW - he's really upset right now with his Prius. Did you know you got to take the bumber off to change the headlight. Dealer wanted $2000 to change a lightbulb but he jewed them down to $350. He's going to do it himself but the bulb costs $150 and I think you have to buy this from the dealer. I told him that this seemed like a small price to pay to be able to say you have a small carbon footprint.

edit - didn't realize the other word for changing gears was a bad word.

Latest posts