Is Safe guard pellet wormer any good

Help Support CattleToday:

In my opinion they are overpriced and you have no way of knowing that each cow is getting the appropriate dose (which could lead to some parasites developing resistance.) I would go with a pour on or an injectable.
Many others know more than me though.

sstterry said:
In my opinion they are overpriced and you have no way of knowing that each cow is getting the appropriate dose (which could lead to some parasites developing resistance.) I would go with a pour on or an injectable.

Was gonna give it to a bull that's separated so I don't have to catch his big butt and bring him to the chute.

DCA farm said:
sstterry said:

Was gonna give it to a bull that's separated so I don't have to catch his big butt and bring him to the chute.

They work great. Certainly more effective than pour on. In a case like you have with a single animal is where they are really worth while.

DCA farm said:
sstterry said:

I think that would be ok if he is by himself and you can insure he eats the full dose.

Safeguard actually works very well. I've used it in a the drench form, pellets and the molasses blocks. The drench is less expensive and cost about the same as pour-ons and injectables but if you're not careful with it they will sling a lot of it out of their mouth.

Latest posts