Is It Worth Trying?

Help Support CattleToday:

Muratic":1uwdyxz5 said:
TennCattleMan57":1uwdyxz5 said:
Frankly i dont care what you think. So there ya go.

Well, that sure sounded all grown up and intelligent now didn't it :lol:
Muratic, you got that right. That TennCattleMan sure does seem to be all grown up and intelligent. Wonder where he's got his smarts.

Brandonm2":os6s6bia said:
I also never heard of Bangs causing cows to act aggressive.
Exactly.
Your vet should have told you that. But then you should have found that in your google search too. ;-)

Have a good day.

TennCattleMan57":p7nu1glu said:
I didnt google the answer. I have known what brucellosis is since we had the cow that had it. Ill admit i didnt at the time but my vet explained it to me back in the day. So whatever you want to believe in that narrow mind of yours go right ahead. Frankly i dont care what you think. So there ya go.
Relax tcm take a deep breath cause there's more to come.don't let em bug you to much cause the more they see it bothers you the hotter the fire get's. best advise i got is to listen more and make sure when you post that you know every detail are your a$$ wont hold shucks ;-)

The reason I dont like Brahman is because there wild and they add alot of dewlap. I know without Brahman there would be no Brangus. But the reason Brangus has the attitude is mostly because of the Brahman. Angus are hard to raise around here with the heat. The only thing that is good about the Brahman part is they can stand the heat. Other than that if they all die today that's less calves running loose at the shows.

Muratic":17n0ris1 said:
Brandonm2":17n0ris1 said:
Exactly.
Your vet should have told you that. But then you should have found that in your google search too. ;-)

Have a good day.

Why would I EVER discuss the clinical signs of Bangs disease with my vet??? The last positive test in this state was years ago. My grandfather probably saw Brucella infected cows, though thankfully we never had that disease. Continued testing is simply a sensible precaution, nobody expects to actually see it outside of bison in Yellowstone. All I have ever personally seen of the disease is the old blue "Brucellosis negative" test stickers they used to stick on stockyard cattle. IF I admitted that I had never heard of that; why would you jump to the conclusion that I had done a google search on the topic? I have never read anything on that disease other than what was covered in college ~13 years ago or articles over the years on the final phases of Bangs eradication. I didn't say anything in my post that I would find on Google (those of us who are more web saavy use Copernic anyway). IF you know more about the topic, please enlighten us all with your vast store of experience and knowledge rather than making snide, uninformative comments about people who are trying to discuss the topic at hand.

Unless you have a guilty conscience about something you should calm down Brandon.

I'm sorry, the quote didn't turn out right. I was aiming that to the tennessee goof that claims it took 2 shots to kill a "bangs" infected crazy cow.
Again, i'm sorry, that comment was not aimed at you Brandon.
Any further problem, please feel free to send me a pm.

Muratic":135gg3gb said:
TennCattleMan57":135gg3gb said:
there was about 5 inches of snow on the ground

Hey Crowder, do you get alot of snow in Tn?

I had a 30.30 winchester on me and I shot her right between the eyes but she kept coming
Must not have been right between the eyes then.

I ran back to the truck by that time Tom already had the 30.06 loaded and had stepped out.
Little over the top don't ya think???

Some just have a screw loose some dont.
I reckon that goes for people too hu
:roll: :roll:
We get some snow, not to pick sides, but they got a little more snow down his way in years past. I think the rest is a Snow Job...

Brandonm2":36jxzgld said:
Muratic":36jxzgld said:
Brandonm2":36jxzgld said:
Exactly.

Have a good day.

Continued testing is simply a sensible precaution, nobody expects to actually see it outside of bison in Yellowstone. /quote]

Brandon, that can change pretty darn quick! Wyoming had been a certified brucellosis free state for quite a number of years until about 2 years ago. I can't honestly say I know how the elk became infected or why it became the problem it did, but for whatever reason roaming elk have infected several herds in the northern part of the state and our rating went down the toilet.

PS Is it possible to only have one bangs-positive cow if one is calving and has more than one cow? I seem to recall that the bangs vaccination does not prevent cattle from becoming infected, but could be wrong. Anyone?

msscamp":gsb8ccco said:
Is it possible to only have one bangs-positive cow if one is calving and has more than one cow? I seem to recall that the bangs vaccination does not prevent cattle from becoming infected, but could be wrong. Anyone?
Yes, it's possible. Even probable. Just like most any vaccine, the Brucellosis vaccine is not 100% effective. But the only way we ever achieved the control we have today was through vaccination to control the challenge of the disease within herds, along with test and slaughter to rid those herds of reactors.

Thank you! I was under the impression it was much more communicable than it seems to be.

Muratic":2b4e12oz said:
Unless you have a guilty conscience about something you should calm down Brandon.

I'm sorry, the quote didn't turn out right. I was aiming that to the tennessee goof that claims it took 2 shots to kill a "bangs" infected crazy cow.
Again, i'm sorry, that comment was not aimed at you Brandon.
Any further problem, please feel free to send me a pm.

I apologize for flying off the handle like that. I understand what happened now. I normally try to be polite to everyone, though once I perceive that a cut has been made towards me I can get all huffed up real quick....maybe too huffed up sometimes.

Crowderfarms":39n5klnk said:
Muratic":39n5klnk said:
TennCattleMan57":39n5klnk said:
there was about 5 inches of snow on the ground

Hey Crowder, do you get alot of snow in Tn?

I had a 30.30 winchester on me and I shot her right between the eyes but she kept coming
Must not have been right between the eyes then.

I ran back to the truck by that time Tom already had the 30.06 loaded and had stepped out.
Little over the top don't ya think???

Some just have a screw loose some dont.
I reckon that goes for people too hu
:roll: :roll:
We get some snow, not to pick sides, but they got a little more snow down his way in years past. I think the rest is a Snow Job...

This is richer than 3 feet up a bulls ass!!! Salute you get the BS flag Tenn Catt.

Latest posts