Is Doc Harris Still Alive?

Help Support CattleToday:

Thank you Brenda and alftn. alftn, it sounds like you might be somewhere close in my area. P4Life too. I think I may know him, but, I am not sure. I don't really want to find out who P4 life is. It would ruin the fun of the forum. Aftn may be closer too. Keep quite if the two of you figure it out!! :nod:
Chuckie

Jeanne - Simme Valley":2qsl3wib said:
Chuckie - it's nice to see you posting again. Doc is around.

I agree. It's good to see you back Chuckie. I still remember that old avatar of yours, the one of the "Chuckie" doll.

As for Doc, he's still around, but doesn't post near as often as he used to. I'm hoping that it's not due to health issues or because there were a few folks that really badgered the heck out of him.....disrespectful in my book.

Katherine

His was having some health issues if I remember a while ago. I too hope all is well. I think he just is the same as all of us, it gets a little frustrating on here at times and we also get busy in our lives as well.

hillsdown":8pm9znvd said:
I think he just is the same as all of us, it gets a little frustrating on here at times and we also get busy in our lives as well.

I hadn't thought about that. Good point, I know that's the deal with me.

Katherine

I have know several people with the nick name Doc they were not doctors , one was an oilman, one dozer owner one cattleman . so my question is where does the nickname of Doc come from ? These men are now dead so I can not ask them , their are a lot of brilliant brains on this forum so someone here must know.

cowboy43":217ip8v3 said:
I have know several people with the nick name Doc they were not doctors , one was an oilman, one dozer owner one cattleman . so my question is where does the nickname of Doc come from ? These men are now dead so I can not ask them , their are a lot of brilliant brains on this forum so someone here must know.

Doc is a real Doc I believe he was an opthamologist(sp)/optometrist before he retired and went into cattle. I may ne wrong though so jump in if you know for sure please.

Hey Jeanne, Workinonit and everybody!!! I just wish I looked as good as the Chuckie doll!! It is good to be back and I'll try to keep it in line!! If Doc is reading this, I hope he is well. And I am thinking he is a Chiopractor. I am sure that he is having a good laugh at what we are trying to remember. Doc, you have to remember that we are all losing brain cells. He invented the term, "Funnel Butt." It goes across my mind each time I look at a cow.
Chuckie

Chuckie":377akeko said:
Hey Jeanne, Workinonit and everybody!!! I just wish I looked as good as the Chuckie doll!! It is good to be back and I'll try to keep it in line!! If Doc is reading this, I hope he is well. And I am thinking he is a Chiopractor. I am sure that he is having a good laugh at what we are trying to remember. Doc, you have to remember that we are all losing brain cells. He invented the term, "Funnel Butt." It goes across my mind each time I look at a cow.
Chuckie

Chuckie so good to hear from you again , and you may be right. I just know that Doc has the best grammar of all of us combined and he was, is, a real doc. Chiropractor could be right.. :)

I thought I read somewhere on here that he was a chiropractor....Maybe he changed his name to "bone crusher". ;-)

TexasBred":32ead4mn said:
I thought I read somewhere on here that he was a chiropractor....Maybe he changed his name to "bone crusher". ;-)
i thought he was a proctologist,,he's alway probing folks :cowboy:

Hi Hillsdown!!! It's good to be back!!!!!
Alacattleman, your answer sounds the best!! Doc best show up before we get out of hand. The thought of him being a Chiopractor and a Proctologist at the same time just makes all pains go away!
Chuckie

Chuckie":29cvd32w said:
The thought of him being a Chiopractor and a Proctologist at the same time just makes all pains go away!
Chuckie

:lol: :lol:

I knew he was a Doctor of something. I also thought he had his 'doctorate' in bovine-ology. I have always enjoyed his posts.

Chuckie....don't be a stranger. Over the past couple of years there have been a few folks asking about dung beetles. I have referred them to you and former posts you made regarding dung beetles.

:oops: :lol: Not that I mean you're full of dung, but you seem to have extensive knowleds regarding the critters.

Katherine

Katherine,
Don't get me started!!!! :lol2: I found some of the big roller types around the porch lights, last summer with all legs stuck straight up. It was too late for CPR. :secret:
Chuckie

Chuckie - we spoke about dung beetles before & I said we didn't have any - well - we had a "bug walk" tour with an entomologist - and we have LOTS of those little buggers - but ours are pretty LITTLE! And I didn't know they FLEW!! Well, duh, how else were they supposed to travel!
You should have seen this group of people, prodding thru a dung pile looking for bugs - quite a site!

I could have fit right in the middle of that group with my stick, flicking doo!!! Yep, Rotation of the pastures and dung beetles, makes for a new pasture when the cows come back around....dang...got me again... I trained both grandboys to kick the frozen dry pies on their granddad. They kicked a frozen one and it busted up, and it went down Da's shirt collar and down his back. Of course he whined and wanted us to dig it out. We told him we were breaking up the piles. He just doesn't appreciate free help!!

I hope a beetle didn't roll Doc up and bury him under a pile. We may not see him for a while :mrgreen:
Chuckie

Latest posts