irritating family member and beyond?

Help Support CattleToday:

My thorn would have to be my wife's uncle. He is a wanna be. He made his wife work and mooched off her and others all his life. Reason being, he has a bad back but that doesn't seem to hurt his golf swing. He's a sorry excuse for a human being in my opinion. Of course the back thing might be genetic since his son has a bad back too and has never held a steady job either. I keep my distance and have as little to do with him as possible. Funny thing is, he is a master of everything and he knows how to do it all. He's the type of guy who will spend $200 fixing a $100 pump. He seems to think I'm a spendthrift as I will buy a new dang pump. He will chime in that I could have done this cheaper or fixed it this way or that all the while finding fault in everything I do. He will often ask personal questions that is none of his business as to finances, acreage or number of cattle. If something goes wrong or he gets the hint that things are tough, he just gleams with his dim-witted 20 watt glow. Last time I talked with him he was picking me about how much money the drought was going to cost me. I told him it was going to be bad and that I doubted I would clear $300,000 that year. That was the truth, of course I wouldn't clear that much in a good year but he was too busy running to the coffee house to spread the bad news about me to think about it. What an idiot. Did I mention I do not care for him? :lol2:

I'm steaming right now over my own mother.
Talked to her last night and she told me that my middle sister, who hasn't spoken to me in 7 years, wants her to bring my daughter to her daughters high school graduation. In Kansas City,KS no less. That means driving for 2-3 days with impatient grandfather, who drives like a bat out of heck. I know him, he would be yelling at her to hurry up and get moving and my mother saying nothing.
I have 2 kids. I noticed my son was not invited. No surprise here. They've never wanted anything to do with our son.
I don't even think so. She is NOT going.
Sorry I just had to vent.

I luv herfrds":3praz67v said:
I'm steaming right now over my own mother.
Talked to her last night and she told me that my middle sister, who hasn't spoken to me in 7 years, wants her to bring my daughter to her daughters high school graduation. In Kansas City,KS no less. That means driving for 2-3 days with impatient grandfather, who drives like a bat out of heck. I know him, he would be yelling at her to hurry up and get moving and my mother saying nothing.
I have 2 kids. I noticed my son was not invited. No surprise here. They've never wanted anything to do with our son.
I don't even think so. She is NOT going.
Sorry I just had to vent.

That is bizarre!

Gail

My parents are giving us all heck at the moment. My mother is real "divide and conquer" so when she calls me, I make sure to call the other two siblings and let them know what's going on. My mother, at 78, wants to sell the house and buy another one, in Oklahoma, no less, and wants me to go along with it. Uh, no. Now she's decided that she needs surgery. When all else fails, there's surgery to bring the fam together. I am talking to her doctor today, since I am on the list, and encouraging him to please discourage her from this course of treatment. It is yet another bladder suspension, and at her age, it aint gonna help. Plus, the recovery time gets longer and longer every time she has this done. None of us can stand to be around her when she's sick and my dad can't do it anymore.

I think I am just going to flat out tell her that if she goes through with this plan or her's, it will be the thing that puts them both in long term care because neither she nor my dad can recover from it quickly. He can't help her and she wont be able to help him. And neither of is willing to give up our jobs or sanity to stay there for several weeks.

That sounds mean, I know, but you haven't met my mom. Bless her, she's just a strange woman.

I have found that Family members with issues have been married into the family. If you can wait it out and ride the storm, I have had first hand sucess in the last year with 2 of them divorcing, thus the "problem" solved itself. Why things have got so much better with the departure of one Afro American and a Phillipino.

Lammie, You need an agent. Your story is worth a fortune as are several of the others.If any of yall feel compelled to tell me any other details of these rotten annoying sumbeaches, for a mere 75% I will become that agent.

I just always thought it sounded like "Mama's Family" back when Carol Burnett used to do it and it was funny and dark all at the same time. I even sound like that sometimes when I screw up my mouth and say, "Mama!".

One day I will write a book, but I am more interested on knowing about your adventures with the "Phililpino and Afro American". This already has the makings of a bad joke.

What happens when you add a Philipino and an African American to Crowder's family?

Post your punch lines here, everyone! Let's have one of those "complete the joke" contests.

Lammie":1y7p6hbc said:
What happens when you add a Philipino and an African American to Crowder's family?

The family tree finally has branches instead of looking like a stick

Now hang on a just one Cottin' Pickin' minute here. I have some clarification to make.

These folks was married into my Wife's side. She has 2 beautiful sisters that for some reason came down with jungle fever and island fever.We aint never had none of these problems in my immeadiate family. At least none that involved "Imports" :D

Besides, I'm the Wagon Master here. I can arrange transportation. :shock:

Lammie":35batukb said:
I have posted on this many many times. I think the winner, hands down, is my Father-in-law. He hates me, and will not spare the opportunity to express it. I tore the family apart. I took his son. I ruined the chances he had of reuniting his sons in Tishomingo. I am responsible for the family not communicating. I am a control freak. I could go on all day...

He no longer visits here. The last time he came, I went out to his truck and invited him in, warmly. He refused and sat in the heat until my husband came home from work an hour later.

Did I mention he has a girlfriend my age? He's 71. I'm 44. That he was famously unfaithful to his wife, my mother-in-law, for years? That he is now in the process of selling out their homeplace and has lied to his own sons about the value of the property? His own sons?

Yep, he's a piece of work, and there isn't enough space here.

What's wrong with 71 and 44, why should age matter, an for all of you ladies out there always remember, if you don't feed your dog at home he'll go some where else to eat.
Most men are like bulls and have a one track mind. :nod: :nod:

When bulls/dogs start giving me trouble I ship them out or castrate them.

I have a younger sister, well she is just plain hateful and her husband is about useless as a screen door on a submarine. They live in Birmingham and come home to mom and dads just about every weekend. When they do come, they lay up in bed like two big fatten hogs. They get up around lunch ready to eat, and when they do try to help, they just get in the way. I wish I could trade them off for two good guennies. I don't know what I would do with them but, surely I could fine a better use for than those other two.

You guys are making me feel better for sure. :) :)

My irritating mother in law doesn't sound too bad anymore, just her ways are so annoying sometimes, I feel like she goes out of her way to annoy us. Believe me, we have had our moments over the years, WW1, 2&3, and on and on, I lost count...I try to ignore her, but sometimes I find myself doing things back to rattle her feathers for a good chuckle-does that make me mean?

Gail

Gail- thats called being passive aggressive. My husband is a pro at it, which is not surprising having to find a way to deal with his mother(there is NO WAY to win going head to head with her). But he tends to forget me and his mother are different and tries it with me too.
I tell him it doesn't take much of a backbone to play that game.Hes doing it less and less .
I am afraid that the easy pay off is addictive and people might start for a good reason- but the lines get blurred with time.

Gail I know why they just wanted my daughter.
A living breathing Barbie Doll. Now they can dress her up in pretty clothes, do her hair up nice and walk around with her while people tell them how pretty she is. They then take great delight informing the people that "Mommy" doesn't do that with her.

When my son was born they waited for about 2 months before thay came to see him, but were up here the weekend following my daughters birth.
I know them too well to be fooled.

I uaually just tell my "wife" I don't want to talk about it...and to mind her own business.. :lol: :p

My in laws can't understand that when you have farm animals you can't go on vacation anytime you feel like it. The father in laws has sheep and goats. He and mother in law are in Florida from end of Jan to middle of March. So when are the sheep and goats bred to give birth? Feb and March. My hubby is in charge of taking care of them while they are gone. the lambs will be ready to sell when he gets back. I told my hubby I hope you get half the money for doing most of the work. They can never understand why we don't go on long vacations. Them and the rest of the family think its no problem to just let somebody else take care of the work.

curtis":1lknc6x6 said:
Lammie":1lknc6x6 said:
I have posted on this many many times. I think the winner, hands down, is my Father-in-law. He hates me, and will not spare the opportunity to express it. I tore the family apart. I took his son. I ruined the chances he had of reuniting his sons in Tishomingo. I am responsible for the family not communicating. I am a control freak. I could go on all day...

He no longer visits here. The last time he came, I went out to his truck and invited him in, warmly. He refused and sat in the heat until my husband came home from work an hour later.

Did I mention he has a girlfriend my age? He's 71. I'm 44. That he was famously unfaithful to his wife, my mother-in-law, for years? That he is now in the process of selling out their homeplace and has lied to his own sons about the value of the property? His own sons?

Yep, he's a piece of work, and there isn't enough space here.

What's wrong with 71 and 44, why should age matter, an for all of you ladies out there always remember, if you don't feed your dog at home he'll go some where else to eat.
Most men are like bulls and have a one track mind. :nod: :nod:

What's wrong with it is that she's had nothing all her life and now she has a retiree with some income and she's got it made. And he's so flattered, he can't see it. She didn't have a pot to pee in before she met him, and now she doesn't even work and she has someone to support her and her grown kids and her grandkids. You can't go over there without all of them just peeking around the corners at you.

I luv herfrds":32ne4v81 said:
Gail I know why they just wanted my daughter.
A living breathing Barbie Doll. Now they can dress her up in pretty clothes, do her hair up nice and walk around with her while people tell them how pretty she is. They then take great delight informing the people that "Mommy" doesn't do that with her.

When my son was born they waited for about 2 months before thay came to see him, but were up here the weekend following my daughters birth.
I know them too well to be fooled.

My sister had a simialr thing but it was opposite. She had 3 girls, and when her brother in law and his wife had a child it was a boy. The grandparents totally ignored her 3 girls, but the grandson got all the attention, it was so cruel. My sister just stopped trying with them, because it was not good to have her kids around people like them. She is now divorced from the husband, and the kids are all grown now, but for awhile she really got dumped on, by her inlaws, plus her husband was a idiot too, who never saw anything wrong with it, she is better without them all.

Gail

Latest posts