Irish Blacks

Help Support CattleToday:

3waycross

Reaction score
Anybody have any experience with these cattle. Website says real strong genetics, linebred.

They look like good cattle, apparently a Friesian/Angus cross.

VanC":2cah2jdy said:
http://cattletoday.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34919&highlight=irish+blacks&sid=05ef297999070e7ca954d64e66a4e390

Website says they are 99.98% Friesian. Not exactly what I'd call a Frie
san/Angus cross.

I have spoken to the man who started the breed, He used 5 brothers, pure friesian, crossed on angus cows and linebred from there.

Why is it no matter how innocently you ask a question on virtually any forum, someone has to talk to you like you're an idiot.

What I was hoping was maybe someone had some real world experience with the breed.

I know what the website says that's how I found out about them to begin with. I haven't seen them in person yet but Mr Boney seems to know what he is talking about regarding linebreeding. They are sure good looking cattle, in the pictures.

Amerifax, 5/8 Angus and 3/8 Friesen. We have a herd here in SW Nebraska. I think the Irish Black is similar but has different percentages as bred by the identified ranch. Not all known breeds are on the OSU site so not sure why that comment was necessary.

In my travels, I had the opportunity to see some Irish black bulls with a commercial herd of cows. I was not impressed at that time. I did not see what I would call beef type cattle. They were small framed, frail boned, narrow based bulls with no rear end. I am sure there are probably some quality Irish black bulls out there but I haven't seen them. I have seen some very nice, high quality, beef type Amerifax bulls though.
capt

Impressive cattle, in that operation anyway. With management like that, they could improve and prosper with anything I'd say.

Latest posts