Invincible or Not worth Killing.....

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Today I walked away from a head on collision unscathed. This is the second brush with the reaper I have had so I must be either invincible or not worth killing. Of course my idea of invincibility was humbled once so I reckon I ain't worth killing.

And wouldn't you know I took the whole front end off my truck yesterday and cleaned the radiators, washed it, vaccumed it, filled it with fuel this morning, and was going to pull the boat and do some fishing this weekend. Will find out if its is totalled Monday. I hope not cause I take care of my stuff and I'm sure the book value is not near what the replacement cost would be. And no, I was not drinking. And no, I was not at fault. And no, I did not have my seat belt on. And yes, there was a cell phone involved. But NO, I wasn't the one jabbering on the phone not watching where they were driving. :mad: But yes, their truck is totalled. :secret:

I can almost guarantee you are not invincible BUT you have one h@ll of a guardian angle.

Thank goodness you are alright and that is the most important thing as your truck can always be replaced but a husband and father cannot...

Oh man.... you're gonna be hurting tomorrow and for the next couple of days.

Really glad that you're OK! And I'm sure that like me, you're just not worth killing. Take care my friend and make friends with Jack Daniels for the next couple of days to help with being so sore.

Life can be so short.

hillsdown":851oojdt said:
Thank goodness you are alright and that is the most important thing as your truck can always be replaced but a husband and father cannot...

I must have suffered some sort of brain injury from the wreck cause your post just made me think of something. Sweetcheeks was really upset when I called her to let her know what happened. She called me about three times within the next hour to tell me stuff and check on me. Darnit, I could have played this like a trump card tonight when I came home. Coulda moaned and growned and acted all stove up and probably could have got a back rub or something. Now, not only am I not worth killing I'm concerned that I'm getting old and/or senile. ;-) :lol2:

Jo--Sure am glad you are okay. Heck of a way to start the weekend. But metal can be replaced.As the ad says you have to watch for the other person, but I know you can watch but you darn well can't do anything about it at times. Anyway I hope you are not too sore from the incident and that you can still have a good weekend. JLP

Thanks, seems I do have an guardian angel and am beginning to think I might just have a purpose in life. You called it right about being sore. Didn't realize till this morning how much of a jar I must have took. Kinda stiff in the muscles I guess from bracing up before the collission. Like you said, you gotta watch the other fella. I did. I watched the whole thing happening in slow motion. Did all I could do to prevent it even breaking and coming to a complete stop. From this point I just watched gabby talking on the phone and looking out the side window oblivious to his surroundings. Definitely one way to take the phone out of someone's ear. ;-)

yes your a lucky man to walk away from a headon.an yes you had some1 watching over you.sorry to say but id bet they total your truck out.the bad thing is you didnt get to spend the weekend on the lake.

Jogeephus":d31jfa3r said:
Today I walked away from a head on collision unscathed.

Unscathed, that's the important part. Sorry about the truck.

Jogeephus":d31jfa3r said:
And wouldn't you know I took the whole front end off my truck yesterday and cleaned the radiators, washed it, vaccumed it, filled it with fuel this morning, and was going to pull the boat and do some fishing this weekend.

I'm convinced washing a truck is bad luck. The layers of grime are a suit of armor.

Sure glad you're alright. Don't want to sound like a nag but.........please wear your seat belt. You might not be so lucky next time. I know it's hard to get used to but once you get in the habit it's like second nature. I'm convinced it saved my life a few years ago.

Also, if your aches and pains go on too long, or get worse, see a doctor and get checked out, even if you already have been. Sometimes a potentially serious problem can crop up days or even weeks after a jolt like you had. And, yes, I'm speaking from personal experience on this one, too. Take care of yourself.

Jogeephus":awltjif5 said:
Now, not only am I not worth killing I'm concerned that I'm getting old and/or senile. ;-) :lol2:

Well you are getting older every minute so you got that right.

Glad your OK.

Glad to hear your ok. There is alot of drivers these days that should be taken behind the barn and taught a lesson. They think that they are invincible (no pun intented towards you Joe, talking about bad drivers) and can do anything and get away with it. The other day there was a guy, near our place, that figured that his 4x4 dodge truck could fly, or atleast thats what I figure. Because he drove it up one of the many sand hills we got out here and drove it as fast as he could off a steep drop off. This drop off is probably 30-35 foot drop off. Lets just say he found out that his truck is good at flying short distances but horrible at landing. The truck and him were both right offs, truck is in a wreckers yard and he will be eating jello through a straw for the rest of his life.

Jogeephus":116uai5b said:
Thanks, seems I do have an guardian angel and am beginning to think I might just have a purpose in life......"

I'm sure GOD has a purpose for your life since he spared it. Now it is up to you to find out what the purpose is........

Glad to here you are OK. Trucks can be replaces, one's life or health can be.

I hate to hear that. I know how heart stopping that can be. Wear your seatbelt. I am glad you are okay. You can replace a truck...

Latest posts