Internet services

Help Support CattleToday:

Frankie":12paxwpa said:
M Gravlee":12paxwpa said:
Frankie,

I used DirectWay at the ranch for a couple of years. Think I was paying around $60/mo. It was so bad I finally went back to BellSouth dial-up. It's great for downloading big files like pictures but in actual use it is almost as slow as dialup. Plus it is tempermental and tech support is in India and with my southern accent we had a big problem communicating. I'll give you my equipment (dish, modem,etc) if you want to come and get it. Think it cost around $500.

A local guy finally put in wireless in the area. It's fantastic! :D

We lose our DirecTv when it rains. I wonder if the same thing happens to DirecWay?

You do? I have Directv, have had it for the last 2 1/2 years and I can count on one hand the number of times it's gone out. I'm really surprised that rain will knock yours out.

it knocks ours out all the time. well, when it used to rain, at least.

We went to Direcway about a year ago after exhausting all other possibilities. I have loved it. Couple of things you should keep in mind however....our dial-up was sllllllooooooowwwww: 28 was the highest speed I could ever get out here in the boonies. I'd heard great things about the DTN service but we were one of the few places on the planet that didn't have access. Direcway has allowed us to send large ad files to the publishers in a pretty timely manner. It has only been knocked out by high winds (not rain) a couple of times. I've been very pleased considering it was our only option for a considerably faster speed.

Latest posts