Kaspersky Internet Security '15--FREE

Help Support CattleToday:

"Free" for one year.
But still a good deal and I would do it if I weren't already using the full subscription version of Kapersky.
(do be aware, that some of it's apps may not work with Google Chrome browser. Chrome recently made some changes and no longer allows 3rd party extensions like Kapersky's safe money, url advisor, anti-banner etc to be enabled unless Kapersky provides the authentication certificate to Google Chrome and the extension shows up in Chromes app/extension store.--Kapersky may have already done this tho.)
Kapersky is very highly rated and on mine and my wife's computers, it has been trouble free, uses very little resources and has had no false threat reports.
It was a HUGE improvement over the AVG program I used to use.

greybeard":3gqi7v71 said:
"Free" for one year.
But still a good deal and I would do it if I weren't already using the full subscription version of Kapersky.
(do be aware, that some of it's apps may not work with Google Chrome browser. Chrome recently made some changes and no longer allows 3rd party extensions like Kapersky's safe money, url advisor, anti-banner etc to be enabled unless Kapersky provides the authentication certificate to Google Chrome and the extension shows up in Chromes app/extension store.--Kapersky may have already done this tho.)
Kapersky is very highly rated and on mine and my wife's computers, it has been trouble free, uses very little resources and has had no false threat reports.
+1

greybeard":53dputg6 said:
"Free" for one year.
Both our laptops came with it installed...worked fine but was a pain in the but having to constantly update databases. When renewal time came it was a royal pain to try and do the renewal and download online. Finally just waited for the disc to arrive and installed. Don't remember the price but good for 5 computers.

Set it to do the updates on a schedule--it will do them automatically in background while you are browsing the web.
Open the application, click "settings" at the upper right. Another box will open and you click the little icon that looks like an Earth with an arrow running diagonally around it.

Then, click "run mode". There are 2 options in the next window. One is update source--the other is update run mode. Chose run mode again, then select "by schedule" in the next window.
From that same window, you can chose the hour, update frequency, and how long after startup you want it to look for a new update. You will also want to enable "run skipped tasks" in case you were not on line at the time of a scheduled update.
I have mine set to update virus definitions every other day at 11 pm but you can set it any way you wish.

(you can also access that scheduling box by clicking the update icon at the bottom center of the main Kapersky application--then select 'by schedule' or 'automatic' just below the little area that shows the # of signatures

Latest posts