Internet Cattle Auctions

Help Support CattleToday:

I sell on video auctions, its a great thing for both parties.
Check out MAC Video Sales.

I like the smaller auctions better, MAC checks out each load so that they are advertised as is ,instead of what someone wants them to be. Also its small enough that the sellers can establish a reputation pretty quick.

Howdyjabo":2v8sp4nw said:
I sell on video auctions, its a great thing for both parties.
Check out MAC Video Sales.

I like the smaller auctions better, MAC checks out each load so that they are advertised as is ,instead of what someone wants them to be. Also its small enough that the sellers can establish a reputation pretty quick.
That is real nice. I put the link in case anyone else wanted to look at it.

http://www.macsvideo.com/default.html

I'd like to find something like that in N Ark / S MO / W TN...

I regularly buy cattle off of both Internet and video auctions. They are also one of the avenues we use to sell cattle. Really just stockers and feeders though. I have bought and sold bred stock a couple times on these mediums but the vast majority (over 99%) have been stockers or feeders.

Howdy, or js1234....can anyone tell us what the fees are associated with Hodges or Macs when they sell a trailer load online for the farmers.

Jason,
I've never dealt with either, so I guess I'm not the best to ask. But on virtually all the major Internet or video auctions, 2% commission is standard. When the cattle are sold, a $30 head deposit is sent to the seller along with the contract ($40 is paid by the buyer and $10 is held onto by the "house"). On any of the companies I've dealt with there is no consignment fee. Some do on occasion charge a $1/head "catalogue fee" for passing out cattle if you no-sale them.

I just started the process to consign a load of bred heifers on to Western Video Marketing. I haven't seen the paperwork yet but verbally a 2% commission and a $5 per head no sale fee if I pass them out.

Most of our cattle are bought to be shipped west. Guess you could still sell yours on MAC, it would save the buyers some shipping costs :)

Dave":327xeu8i said:
I just started the process to consign a load of bred heifers on to Western Video Marketing. I haven't seen the paperwork yet but verbally a 2% commission and a $5 per head no sale fee if I pass them out.
Western does a great job. They'll work hard for you. They're going on the Haythorn auction I assume?

js1234":42l3q4ak said:
Dave":42l3q4ak said:
Western does a great job. They'll work hard for you. They're going on the Haythorn auction I assume?

No, they will be on the October sale. My figuring and several others suggested this or agreed with me, that waiting to sell bred stock until a little later would be better. Ranchers have got the cows out of the hills and have a better idea on what their replacement needs are. A friend of mine who I have known for 40 + years, who has bought and sold more cattle in a month than I have in my life is the one who suggested I use Western.

Not to sabotage some ones post but I have been watching some internet auctions. How do you know that your getting the cattle you think your buying. I would like to use them save me some road time but still alittle scared of them.

Double V and I have bought some seedstock off internet auctions. Hasn't been bad for us at all!

skip7879":19mcm3aw said:
Not to sabotage some ones post but I have been watching some internet auctions. How do you know that your getting the cattle you think your buying. I would like to use them save me some road time but still alittle scared of them.

The answer is a good honest rep. He represents both the buyer and the seller depending on which one he is talking to. And from what I hear any that aren't honest don't get to stay long.

We have bought cattle off the Internet. No problems with what we got, and in both cases the animal was better when she arrived than her video!
I try to buy from a trusted breeder who stands behind his stock!

Latest posts