Interesting website about Blue Roan cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

Did I not see that same picture on here a while back? I kind of remember Massey presenting it as if they were his cattle. I could be wrong but I won't be surprised either way.

cow pollinater":2z2ti4yo said:
Did I not see that same picture on here a while back? I kind of remember Massey presenting it as if they were his cattle. I could be wrong but I won't be surprised either way.
Google "Blue Roan Cows" and you will see that picture.

I never said or implied that cow was mine. She is exceptional though.

Chippie, you need to visit the stock show again as the blue roan colored females dominate the mkt heifer classes. The carcass quality of the two best marbling beef breeds when crossed speaks tor itself.

Massey135":1u95sp2q said:
I never said or implied that cow was mine. She is exceptional though.

Chippie, you need to visit the stock show again as the blue roan colored females dominate the mkt heifer classes. The carcass quality of the two best marbling beef breeds when crossed speaks tor itself.

I actually like most of them I see but which shows do they dominate at? I can't say I have been to that one. I do go to the North American International Livestock Expo almost every year but just dont remember seeing any there either.

KT,

The NAILE only has breeding classes therefore all entries are purebreds.

A blue roan is obviously a crossbred and only eligible to show in a mkt class or what they call Shorthorn plus.

When i was in high school i had ambitions of raising club calves. Had a limflex heifer out of New Design 036 that i bred to a Shorthorn blue roan club calf bull named Moody Blues. She turned out to be a damn good range cow.

Latest posts