Interdigital corn

Help Support CattleToday:

angus9259

Reaction score
I have an older cow with an interdigital corn that actually was a bit necrotic this summer. She was heavy bred so I didn't want to do anything in terms of treatment. I've done these before where the vet cuts it out, it bleeds like crazy and you have to try and keep the foot dry and clean. That didn't work out so well. So my options now are 1. cull the cow when she weans 2. leave it be and see what happens (it hasn't gotten any worse on it's own - maybe seems a tick better - doesn't stink any more), or ??? any other options???

If prices were higher culling would be a no brainer. But she breeds real easy, easy keeper, good udder, etc..... Seems a waste to cull her at these prices I just know the surgery thing isn't worth it either.

A calf got kicked or stepped on, and ended up with a broken jaw I left it alone and the calf learned to suck and grew up big and strong.

It sometimes get smaller with time. I had a cow which had a neglected case of footrot at the time when I moved. Developed a nasty corn and was limping because of it for months after the footrot healed. Two years later the much smaller corn was still there, but she got round without limping.

Latest posts