Instead of nit picking about toilet paper why not

Help Support CattleToday:

Gate Opener

Reaction score
get on the big guys backs. A dishwasher or refrigerator lasts at the most a 1/4 of the time they did when I was a kid. Why worry about a couple of squares of TP when BIG items are being disposed of on a regular basis simply because of greed. When I was a kid a refrigerator would last 20+ to 30+ years. Now you might get 8-10. One of our DVD players bit the dust and it wasn't very old at all and was rarely used. Even house paint and light bulbs don't last as long. I could go on and on with exampes but you know what I mean. So why aren't the Hollywood types on the big guys backs? Could it be that they are more concerned with money they might receive from a sponsorship than they are with the health of the planet?

I don't think it's so much to do with big guys and little guys. There are small companies that make big items and there are big companies that make small items. I think it has more to do with arrogance. Many hollywood types, and others in the public eye, think that because people pay a lot of attention to them, it somehow makes them more intelligent and caring than the average person. In short, their heads get big. They then feel the need to offer their infinite wisdom to the ignorant masses by telling us how we should act, what we can say, what we should eat and buy, etc. Bless their hearts. ;-)

P.S. You're right about things not lasting as long as they used to.

I work as a maintenance guy at a refrigerator plant. (equipment maintenance, I work on the machines that builds em) Yes, they don't last as long as they used to. But remember how much you paid for them years ago and how much you pay for them today. The cost has not went up anywhere near inflation rate. The reason is consumers will not pay for a higher end product. The conponents have come down in quality but have went up in price. The reason we are able to keep the end cost as low as it is is because we have learned to build the less costly. We now use robot and other more efficent methods. This plant employs 1500 people and last year put out 1.4 million refrigerators. Think about the cost of one 20 years ago and the cost now. Think about the cost of a car 20 years ago and now.