Insecticide Ear tags

Help Support CattleToday:

3MR

Reaction score
Bought several bags of "Super Deckem II" Insecticidal ear tags.

They suck, dont buy them. The male stud will give way before making its way through the cows ear causing damage. It wasnt just one stud either.

The calf was restrained and cooperating nicely. The stud just isnt strong enough.

I have 6 bags that are going back.

Dusty Britches":3228agle said:
I bought some of those new Avenger tags. Awesome stuff! I have not seen a single fly on my cows since I put them on in April.

How long are they supposed to work for?

FarmGirl10":1qa1cwi0 said:
Dusty Britches":1qa1cwi0 said:
I bought some of those new Avenger tags. Awesome stuff! I have not seen a single fly on my cows since I put them on in April.

that is easy....
until the flies build a resistance to em.

four or five fly generatios should do it.

pdfangus":580sa6ce said:
FarmGirl10":580sa6ce said:
Dusty Britches":580sa6ce said:

that is easy....
until the flies build a resistance to em.

four or five fly generatios should do it.

you cant keep using them over and over. It sno different than any other insecticed. You have to change the pesticide up.

The fly tags are only a part of our total management program. We rotate fly tags every year and removed the tags in the fall, when we start seeing the effectiveness wear off. That doesn't necessarily mean the flies have resistence, but that the tags have worn out.

Other management techniques - we de-worm 3 times a year, rotate pastures, and unroll our hay bales so waste doesn't pile up in one spot, which reduces the breeding areas for flies. Dung beetles help a lot, too, but we havent figured out how to manage for them, except not to kill them with insecticides.

I work for KMG BERNUTH that produces the eartag. The SUPER DECK EM II. You need to put two tags on for protection. the Avenger can have one applied or two for maximum protection.
We carry dust, liquid, and tags. Our avenger ear tag has been very effective against the dreaded horn fly. Get the avenger and you will not be sorry.

KMGPUR":1jrnxuec said:
I work for KMG BERNUTH that produces the eartag. The SUPER DECK EM II. You need to put two tags on for protection. the Avenger can have one applied or two for maximum protection.
We carry dust, liquid, and tags. Our avenger ear tag has been very effective against the dreaded horn fly. Get the avenger and you will not be sorry.

If you work for and the represent the company then why are you not addressing the problem that 3MR was talking about?The tags are not good quality they break before you can even apply them.

I am getting really sick of people always trying to sell something when we are all just having a discussion and comparing notes.

hillsdown":n7pwg7pr said:
KMGPUR":n7pwg7pr said:

If you work for and the represent the company then why are you not addressing the problem that 3MR was talking about?The tags are not good quality they break before you can even apply them.

I am getting really sick of people always trying to sell something when we are all just having a discussion and comparing notes.

Yup, doesnt matter how good the tag is if you cant get the male stud through the ear. All six bags went back to the store. I should have taken the bag I tried to use back as well considering I only got to use about three of the actual tags. I went through a bunch of studs, before I finally got disgusted and stopped though.

sorry was not try to sell something. but if he need a good ear tags that what i was suggesting. We make them for another company. There design has changed. We have tested them. There was a problem with the studs for some reason where too small. When did you buy them. Also look on the package and see if it has a packaging date. please don't take it as i was trying to sell this to you. we are a small company that is try to get or tags out there. We think are product work very well and was just suggesting.

I bought them in the begining of June. I dont have the bag so I cant give you the packaging date. The studs werent to small, but were to weak.

We produce them for digital angel. They produce the stud for that tag. It is weird that they are still having this problem becuse they make the stud for it. We just mold the tag. i would just return the tags 3MR. sorry could not be more help.

Thanks cowboyup216. Sorry for offending your expertise on the english language. I misspelled a word. WOW. Thank you

KMGPUR":28oc40x3 said:
We produce them for digital angel. They produce the stud for that tag. It is weird that they are still having this problem becuse they make the stud for it. We just mold the tag. i would just return the tags 3MR. sorry could not be more help.

No problem. I already returned them.

cowboyup216":33hjbkox said:
KMG THERE IS TO BE NO ADVERTISING ON HERE. IF YOU WANT TO ADVERTISE USE THE CLASSIFIEDS! Secondly if you are going to advertise it might help if you learned how to spell otherwise people wont take your adds seriously.
Dang Cowboyup. Who pee'd in your lunch sack today? :lol2:

Crowderfarms":2085vz6y said:
cowboyup216":2085vz6y said:
KMG THERE IS TO BE NO ADVERTISING ON HERE. IF YOU WANT TO ADVERTISE USE THE CLASSIFIEDS! Secondly if you are going to advertise it might help if you learned how to spell otherwise people wont take your adds seriously.

He's the "Hall Monitor" today! :lol:

MikeC":yuwma1sc said:
Crowderfarms":yuwma1sc said:
cowboyup216":yuwma1sc said:

He's the "Hall Monitor" today! :lol:

I don't see KMGPUR comments as advertising.
His product was disparaged and he commented that some changes had been made.
Personally I appreciate that.
Hope I didn't misspell anything :D

I didn't see it as advertizing, more like information.
Where was the contact me for more information???
Where was the offer to sell??
Where was an address or phone number purchase???

cowboyup216":22oios9l said:
Well stop advertising on here and violating the rules of the forum. If I have to abide by them then by gosh everyone else will to. You wont get chided by me so long as you obey the rules.

Show me where he is advertising, If he is then you do every time you want someone to look at one of your cows by using it's pedigree.
Get off you high horse young man, last I knew you were not a moderator.
It is their job to control the boards NOT YOU!
As far as spelling? Get a life!!! You are not as perfect as you seem to think you are! Incidently I am far from perfect but even a dumb old idiot like me knows it should be TOO as in also :shock:
:D :D :D