Inline balers vs NH 5070 vs JD 348

Help Support CattleToday:

Richnm

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with small square inline balers? Massey, Heston? I use NH 5070s now. They are fast but if I go to fast bales come out to long or banana shaped. All I want a 65 pound square uniform bales. JD seems to make the best bale , but the auger seems to get get clogged more often.

I don't have any experience with those, but at 75 strokes a minute, my antique IH 430 makes a perfect bale EVERY time. If you know you're going too fast, why do you do it?

700 acres of little bales 4 times a year. We have to move. The NH are fast even at slower speeds I think a JD baler makes a more uniform bale but gets clogged to easy.

If I had that volume here we'd have every haying equipment dealer in a multi county area lined up trying to have us try the newest machinery they have to offer.

We're using 5070s now. The local MF dealer trying to sell me 1840s swears they are quicker and make a better bale.

The inlines can be more forgiving in making a nice bale since the hay doesnt have an opportunity to get fed heavy to the far side like side pull baler does in heavy hay with a high ground speed. In my limited experience with an inline it was very hard to make anything but a consistent uniform bale.

If I ever go back to small squares it will be an inline or nothing.

Guess you need to invite your MF dealer out and tell them to bring a baler with.

Latest posts