Inflation and spending habits

Help Support CattleToday:

I've been working on getting a better handle on things and tighten things up but it's hard to do when everything keeps going up.

Man that's rough. Which plant is this now?

Had several go down at once where I lived long ago. When NAFTA passed. Never will forget how difficult that was on everyone.
I probably shouldn't name names on a public forum. They're really sensitive about that. We're an automotive electronics supplier in southern middle Tn.

Did he not have an economic team to advise him or wouldn't the old hard headed SO-B not listen to them?
Yes he has a team and he is listening.

Yes he has a team and he is listening.

Joe Manchin ought to win the Nobel Peace Prize this year. If that BBB would have passed in it current form true inflation would be triple now.

One of my rear tires on my Case IH was low. Nephew filled it. Two days later it was low. I called my "tire" guy. Came out today. I asked if he thought I needed to purchase new rear tires. These are worn, cracked. He said "they aren't any worse than they were several years ago when I came out. I'm sure the inside of the tires are fine. You do NOT want to buy new tires if you absolutely don't have to." He said he priced and ordered 8 new tires for a customer. When they came in, they were $300 more EACH. Said price is rising daily. But, he thinks they will go back down whenever we get back to "normal". We left and when we got back, I had a new snow tube sitting in the driveway!
He replaced the tube.

I have seen hard times high unemployment along with inflation.
Never in decades have I seen our supply chain broken.
The icing on the cake is open borders and screw the American by our own government. We need Barbara Jordan democrats again that believed in Americans first.
There was actually a congressman that said the answer to inflation is more immigration! The current cesspool of either bunch in DC has sold out jobs and futures.
We all know when this started. Hopefully we will get a decent president next election.

We bought a 2021 Honda CR-V for my run around car last January. Sister in law just bought a 2017 with 30,000 miles and she paid almost what we paid for ours brand new. Then in the local shopper this week there is a 2020 Honda CR-V, same trim as ours with 5,000 miles and it cost MORE than ours did brand new.

Okay, that wasn't about food cost...there is only the 2 of us and we have our own meat, but I buy what I want (so far). Here the cost has gone up but the selection has gone way down. You don't buy what you want, you buy what they have!! I don't like shopping at Wal-mart so I try not to go there, but I had to on Friday. I couldn't get 7 or 8 of my items. Today I went to a smaller town south of where we live and I found ALL the items, and no long line to check out. I'm going to go there to buy my groceries from now on. They were a bit higher, but I'm sick and tired of walking all over Wal-mart looking for something they are out of, and no one to ask. I'm talking, celery, lettuce, eggs, bananas, common things like that. Distilled water is not to be found, but I found some at the local store in the smaller town.

Works for me.
Weather the last few weeks has caused a lot of the shortage.

I have cancelled plans for new pickup and maybe new SXS for this year and probably for next three years. Did buy a new dump trailer. We have kicked into survival mode.

If steer calves go to $5.00 a pound will that be inflation
Depends, is corn going to $17?
Diesel to $10?

Yes, that would be inflation.

If just calves goes up that would be a good price for producers, unheard of, but very good. That would not be overall market inflation like we are seeing now

If steer calves go to $5.00 a pound will that be inflation
I think that would just lead to more people not eating beef and finding alternatives, what would the price have to be in the grocery store to make those numbers work? For freezer beef that means I would have to charge in the neighborhood of $7-$8/lb HW to come out on the deal, I don't see average people being able to afford that.

I think that would just lead to more people not eating beef and finding alternatives, what would the price have to be in the grocery store to make those numbers work? For freezer beef that means I would have to charge in the neighborhood of $7-$8/lb HW to come out on the deal, I don't see average people being able to afford that.
We were getting 4 bucks a pound in 2012! We weren't getting skinned by JBS.

Latest posts