In the wrong breed.....

Help Support CattleToday:

M-5":1rp5iri2 said:
TexasBred":1rp5iri2 said:
Last tiger I had I kept her three years. Took that long to get her in a corral and then into a trailer.

aint that the truth , More are flighty and are not. Those kind are meant to be turned out and left alone.

That is exactly what they are for. Don't like to be fiddled with, don't need to be fiddled with.

callmefence":3mi336r1 said:
M-5":3mi336r1 said:
TexasBred":3mi336r1 said:
Last tiger I had I kept her three years. Took that long to get her in a corral and then into a trailer.

aint that the truth , More are flighty and are not. Those kind are meant to be turned out and left alone.

That is exactly what they are for. Don't like to be fiddled with, don't need to be fiddled with.
My uncle had a herd of about 150 head of f1's growing up . they were worked once a yr . the other 363 days we spent fixing the pens again

callmefence":2l84mvw7 said:
M-5":2l84mvw7 said:
TexasBred":2l84mvw7 said:

This has nothing to do with fiddling. Only wanted to haul her a$$ to the sale. She made everything flighty.

BK9954":2s9aqgwm said:
TexasBred":2s9aqgwm said:
The one I have is one of the smartest cows I have but fairly easy to work. I have to be gentle with her. Any quick sudden moves she can get a little skittish. A few times she has run out of the corral when I went around to lock them in while feeding, but she is for the most part fairly tame. Doesnt mind being alone too much. She is penned up in a small patch of green right now with electric, about to calve. She knows the routine. She was the first one to be bred by my virgin bull, glad too, she can handle a calf better then most.
Mine was gentle as a puppy too.....as long as I was 200 yards away and ignoring her. :lol: Keep your brangus. You'll live longer and enjoy them much more.

I run Hereford x Brahmans and Brahmans x Hereford: epds are a good tool to have : the bigger bulls calves I have seen are from Brahman x Hereford but when you look at the cows epd and see that birth weight you know her and the other higher birth weight cows are going to have bigger calves, I use a JDH and a V8 bull, they have been in the business a long time selling a lot of bulls to Hereford owners; everyone has their own opinion and option to use what breed they know will sell in their area , I like looking at my Brahmans in the pasture but I Love my Hereford cows in the working pens lol

Putting my bull for sale, going for a hereford. Might take a bit, I aint selling at an auction, but I am not in a rush. I still have a fall calving season to go through with my current herd. Might just pick up a couple brahman heifers every so often while getting black baldies off the brangus I have.

Latest posts