In 25 words or less:

Help Support CattleToday:

I just like working with the animals even when they don't cooperate, which is often. I would rather be working cattle in 95 degree heat&humidity than sitting at a desk. I also like the tractor work.

backhoeboogie":ke8t0v1h said:
In my blood.

Once swore "I'll never do that when I grow up"; never say never.

Was around cattle most of my life.

Agreed. And... swore that I would never be in a hay field again when I grew up. Amazing how good it feels now on those 100 degree days.

Never say never.......

backhoeboogie":xacmtpsz said:
In my blood.

Once swore "I'll never do that when I grow up"; never say never.

Was around cattle most of my life.

Ditto, and I DID say the same thing once. ;-)

10. Great hours (24/7).
9. Fresh Air - upwind of the spreader.
8. Quality control of MY food product.
7. Cattle are always happy to see you -with a feed bucket.
6. The first new spring calf - often in a blinding snowstorm.
5. Good folks in the business - except cfpinz, Crowder, paint, flaboy, MikeC, dun and a few dozen others.
4. Chicks dig it - except for the ex(s).
3. The hats - free with $1000 purchase.
2. The truck - 32 more payments and its mine.

Some of these reasons are questionable but the number one reason we all are in this business:

1. The MONEY !!!!!! (Or a lack there of !)

ha ha - sorry for more than 25 words!

Bullbuyer":24j5ym0p said:
10. Great hours (24/7).
9. Fresh Air - upwind of the spreader.
8. Quality control of MY food product.
7. Cattle are always happy to see you -with a feed bucket.
6. The first new spring calf - often in a blinding snowstorm.
5. Good folks in the business - except cfpinz, Crowder, paint, flaboy, MikeC, dun and a few dozen others.
4. Chicks dig it - except for the ex(s).
3. The hats - free with $1000 purchase.
2. The truck - 32 more payments and its mine.

Some of these reasons are questionable but the number one reason we all are in this business:

1. The MONEY !!!!!! (Or a lack there of !)

ha ha - sorry for more than 25 words!

They think my tractor is sexy. :banana:

Grew up on the farm, learned to mechanic, woodwork, weld, plumbing, the list goes on.... We didn't hire anyone for anything. I learned to be self suffcient and could notice a difference between me and my friends from town. A friend of mine just noticed the other day how hitting the ground with a chain saw chain dulls the blade. I was amazed, thats something I knew when I was ten years old.
Now I don't farm for a living, have a few cows, couple horses, and if I can do a little better than break even with it I'm happy. But if my kids can realize theres more to life than tv and a playstation and not be 40 years old before they learn dirt dulls a blade I think it will have been worth it.

I was a farm kid, married and moved off the farm. Spent 30 years behind a desk. Retired and am getting back to my roots trying to build a small seed stock operation.... whoops 25 words are up,

I never really thought about that.

They were here when I arrived at consciousness and they will be here when I lose it ..... maybe.

Like being on my own turf. I feel like I don't have take direction from anyone, I do. Adds to retirement.

My folks put five of us kids through college with cattle. I dicided to do the same for my kids. Cattle was something I knew how to raise and the profits could be used to suppliment my income.

P.S. cattle and profits can belong in the same sentence. You just can't pamper them and you have to learn how to produce the biggest outputs for the smallest inputs.

Latest posts