I'm thinking of getting cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

AngusLimoX":2b3yr6pf said:
( OOPS, almost forgot, in cattle there are red and there are black, and there are white - anything grey is a compromise and should be avoided :lol: :lol: )

Alright, ALX, that's about enough of that! :p :p :p Don't you know those are fighting words? ;-) :lol: :lol:

superx":3v64g0ap said:
:!: :?: ;-) I am looking for some helpful hints to help me get started with cattle any suggestions. :lol:
Stop by and talk to the government folks they will pay for bulls , fences , grass ,ferilizer ,water troughs etc .

When you look for land to buy, find some with a "base" so you can get some cash flow to help offset the expense of the land.

denoginnizer":24f5c10z said:
superx":24f5c10z said:
:!: :?: ;-) I am looking for some helpful hints to help me get started with cattle any suggestions. :lol:

When you look for land to buy, find some with a "base" so you can get some cash flow to help offset the expense of the land.

denogginizer, would you please explaine what this means? I don't believe I've heard it before and it might come in handy sometime in the future. Thanks!

msscamp":3szyt3hr said:
AngusLimoX":3szyt3hr said:
( OOPS, almost forgot, in cattle there are red and there are black, and there are white - anything grey is a compromise and should be avoided :lol: :lol: )

Alright, ALX, that's about enough of that! :p :p :p Don't you know those are fighting words? ;-) :lol: :lol:

Now msscamp, you know you can't resolve anything with violence. Just let anguslimox have a chance to take down one of your 2 month old calves, and then he can tell his opinions of a compromise.

cypressfarms":2z8sxul0 said:
msscamp":2z8sxul0 said:
AngusLimoX":2z8sxul0 said:

Now msscamp, you know you can't resolve anything with violence. Just let anguslimox have a chance to take down one of your 2 month old calves, and then he can tell his opinions of a compromise.

cypress, that is an excellent idea! :lol: :lol: :lol:

msscamp":1il34kyw said:
denoginnizer":1il34kyw said:
superx":1il34kyw said:

denogginizer, would you please explaine what this means? I don't believe I've heard it before and it might come in handy sometime in the future. Thanks!
*See the cost share and subsidy post

msscamp":u0zjn0ve said:
cypressfarms":u0zjn0ve said:
msscamp":u0zjn0ve said:
AngusLimoX":u0zjn0ve said:

cypress, that is an excellent idea! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now, I can't even take down one of my own 2 week old calves how am I gonna take down a 2 month old one?? Even a 2 month old stunted grey compromise??

:lol:

AngusLimoX":2phuj52r said:
Even a 2 month old stunted grey compromise??

:lol:

:p :p :p Nothing stunted about our guys - grey or not. Branding was entertaining - we wrassled them - the calf ended up on top of the wrassler about as often as the wrassler ended up on top of the calf. :lol: :lol: :lol: