I'm pretty seriously pyssed, and it's about the river.

Help Support CattleToday:

I am just about dead center between Seattle and Portland. So I get it from both directions. The freeway jams up every Friday afternoon and Sunday from all those city people getting out of town on Friday and headed back home on Sunday. The two lane road through town is the road to the ocean so lots of traffic goes right through town. My absolute favorite is the bike racers. They come to my neighborhood about 6 times a year. They set up a loop that goes right in front of my house, up the valley, over the ridge, right in front of my pastures, back over the hill, and past my house again. They set up flaggers at every intersection who will hold up their stop sign if there is a bike within about a mile. They also have a couple of vans that will follow the group of racers. If you try to pass them they will pull in front of you and block the lane. They are the absolute rudest people I have ever met.

CottageFarm":1c7k8xgg said:
Kathie in Thorp":1c7k8xgg said:
Ryder":1c7k8xgg said:
As if the pool hall across the road wasn't enough, now
some guy from NO bought some land across the road from our place.
He has built a good sized house in what was a pasture. Obviously the house cost a lot of money.
The house, I don't mean the trim, but the house is sort of a cross between pink and red. It really stands out.

I never thought I would see the day. :help:
Does it attract 4,500 people to your neighborhood for a weekend? If not, quit bytchin. We have west side people putting up all those kind of places -- we have the ideal spot, 100 miles E. of Seattle and high-tech industry young millionaires.

That seems kinda harsh. :???:
Seems like he's entitled to be just as po'd about a pool hall and a pink house (I'm okay with red, but would have to firebomb pink :mrgreen: )
You could look on the bright side....floaters=once a year....pool hall=every weekend
Thanks CF.
I needed a little compassion. :( :heart:

Dave":3syeyw19 said:
My absolute favorite is the bike racers. They come to my neighborhood about 6 times a year. They set up a loop that goes right in front of my house, up the valley, over the ridge, right in front of my pastures, back over the hill, and past my house again. They set up flaggers at every intersection who will hold up their stop sign if there is a bike within about a mile. They also have a couple of vans that will follow the group of racers. If you try to pass them they will pull in front of you and block the lane. They are the absolute rudest people I have ever met.
We had the citrus classic or something like that for a few years complete with Lance Armstrong come by my house... I hated it. I just had to plan on being cooped up at the house for a few hours because the roads were shut down and plan on picking up trash for a few hours after they left. I wrote letters to them every year asking them not to come back and they've finally quit.
About the best thing that ever came out of having them come through was all the excersize my dogs received as they LOVE chasing a bike down the fence-line. :lol:
One year one of the support vehicles jerked over to the side of the road and some guy stuck his dyck through the fence to take a leak with my wife and kids standing right there in plain view about thirty feet away... He literally pi$$ed all over himself when my big crossbred head dog decided to challenge him. :mrgreen:

cow pollinater":2035br0k said:
Dave":2035br0k said:
My absolute favorite is the bike racers. They come to my neighborhood about 6 times a year. They set up a loop that goes right in front of my house, up the valley, over the ridge, right in front of my pastures, back over the hill, and past my house again. They set up flaggers at every intersection who will hold up their stop sign if there is a bike within about a mile. They also have a couple of vans that will follow the group of racers. If you try to pass them they will pull in front of you and block the lane. They are the absolute rudest people I have ever met.
We had the citrus classic or something like that for a few years complete with Lance Armstrong come by my house... I hated it. I just had to plan on being cooped up at the house for a few hours because the roads were shut down and plan on picking up trash for a few hours after they left. I wrote letters to them every year asking them not to come back and they've finally quit.
About the best thing that ever came out of having them come through was all the excersize my dogs received as they LOVE chasing a bike down the fence-line. :lol:
One year one of the support vehicles jerked over to the side of the road and some guy stuck his dyck through the fence to take a leak with my wife and kids standing right there in plain view about thirty feet away... He literally pi$$ed all over himself when my big crossbred head dog decided to challenge him. :mrgreen:

We don't often get a bike race on Hwy 10 -- it's just too narrow, straight up on one side and straight down to the river on the other side; there's only one short passing lane for each side along the 16 or so miles up to Cle Elum. But, Dave, they run a few over Blewett Pass every year, and we've been caught in that a couple times. You know that road; you can be stuck behind those guys in 1st or 2nd gear for miles . . . . . . . . . . and miles . . . . . . The couple of guys that put that river float together have gotten a lot of flack from the locals on their "Epic Float" FB page, and there will be a newspaper article about it tomorrow that reflects the flack.

I would love to see the article Kathie, please do a copy and paste of it on this thread! :tiphat: I hope I can do something with my local bike and walking nightmares.

Thanks,
Alan

Alan":2vdcq4q7 said:
I would love to see the article Kathie, please do a copy and paste of it on this thread! :tiphat: I hope I can do something with my local bike and walking nightmares.

Thanks,
Alan

Alan, I do not have an on-line subscription to Ellensburg Daily Record, so they limit what I can pick up on the website -- the articles I saw were on the Record's FB page today. But, they'll let you pick up several free articles in a month, so go to this link tomorrow afternoon: http://www.dailyrecordnews.com/

The best one I have experienced was a running event. They started up the road about a mile from me. They ran down the right side of the road (narrow no shoulder road with lots of blind corners) to a point where they turned around and ran back down the left side. So the only place to drive was right down the middle of the road. Probably a thousand runners. So I am driving down the middle of the road in an F-350 4wd with a 20 stock trailer in tow. I meet a old runner who is running right down the center line. And he ain't moving over any. He is playing chicken with me. I can't move to the side without taking out 30 joggers. So I end up stopped in the middle of the road until this old guy runs right up to my front bumper before moving to go around me. As he went by I stuck my head out the window and loudly explained to him what I thought of him, his ancestors, his parents marital status, where I thought he should go, and what he should do to himself when he got there.

Kathie in Thorp":bqn2ubxc said:
Ryder & Cottage Farm -- Sorry. I apologize. I was a pretty fired up granny over the weekend. :oops:
It takes a strong person to offer a sincere apology. Therefore I accept it, providing cottage farms agrees.
I think we had all better work to get along and help each other because it is us against the invaders as well as the snake lovers.

You are a great gentleman, Ryder!
Hey Kathie, no apology needed here. I wasn't trying to come down hard on you, just wanted to point out you were taking your (very understandable) frustration out on the wrong guy. And maybe point out that it can always be worse and console yourself with those little silver linings. :tiphat:

Alan":2ykiwkx0 said:
Kathie in Thorp":2ykiwkx0 said:
Ryder":2ykiwkx0 said:
As if the pool hall across the road wasn't enough, now
some guy from NO bought some land across the road from our place.
He has built a good sized house in what was a pasture. Obviously the house cost a lot of money.
The house, I don't mean the trim, but the house is sort of a cross between pink and red. It really stands out.

I never thought I would see the day. :help:
Does it attract 4,500 people to your neighborhood for a weekend? If not, quit bytchin. We have west side people putting up all those kind of places -- we have the ideal spot, 100 miles E. of Seattle and high-tech industry young millionaires.

Those dammm west siders! :mrgreen: Kathie we have the STP (Seattle to Portland) bike ride, 13,000 riders in two days. The hood to coast bike ride, several more thousand and the hood to coast relay, which may be the worse of the all with all the mini vans driving slowly to give their walkers support and encouragement. :mad: . After a while one gets smart enough to avoid those routes for one weekend.

Alan, did you have anything to do with this? If you did, hats off to you buddy. Making the best of a bad situation is also in that silver lining. :tiphat:

friday-dar-31.jpg

Latest posts