I'm looking to start a new career.

Help Support CattleToday:

Tommy Ruyle

Reaction score
Below is my new "sample" speech I just wrote,

Since the pirates are still holding the captain, I have sent FBI negotiators to facilitate his safe and speedy release. I assure his friends and family that I will not stop until this man-made disaster is resolved in a peaceful, tolerant and ecologically-sound manner.

Obviously, this incident has raised many concerns among Americans. There have been calls for justice and even violence against the misguided perpetrators. But such an emotional reaction has led to the disparagement of entire groups with which we are unfamiliar. We have seen this throughout history.

For too long, America has been too dismissive of the proud culture and invaluable contributions of the Pirate Community. Whether it is their pioneering work with prosthetic, husbandry of tropical birds or fanciful fashion sense, America owes a deep debt to Pirates.

The past eight years have shown a failure to appreciate the historic role of these noble seafarers. Instead of celebrating their entrepreneurial spirit and seeking to partner with them to meet common challenges, there have been times where America has shown arrogance and been dismissive, even derisive.

Some of us wonder if our current Overseas Contingency Operation would even be needed had the last administration not been so quick to label Pirates as "thieves," "terrorists" and worse. Such swashbucklaphobia can lead to tragic results, as we have seen this week.

Well, wha'd you think? Is it good? Do you think I could get a job writing speeches anywhere? Where should I apply?????

Tommy Ruyle":15p9gkv9 said:
For too long, America has been too dismissive of the proud culture and invaluable contributions of the Pirate Community. Whether it is their pioneering work with prosthetic, husbandry of tropical birds or fanciful fashion sense, America owes a deep debt to Pirates.

Dam straight there Tommy! Was a pirate myself a couple of Halloweens ago and found it to be a most rewarding evening if I may say so myself! I found the wee folks were a tad bit mistrustful of me until I started tossing the gold coins out of the treasure chest. They came around to my way of thinking. :nod: The rum weren't so bad either! :secret:

Well, wha'd you think? Is it good? Do you think I could get a job writing speeches anywhere? Where should I apply?????

I think you are a fantastic speech writer and should really look into this for a new career. As far as where to apply, I'm thinking some smarmy seaport bar on the coast of Africa may be a good start. :nod:

I'm impressed! Not only by your elegant diction but also of your ability to see past the politics and the biased journalism that has jaded our view of the swash-buckleing heroes. Afterall, if it weren't for these brave sea loving souls our children would not have the wonderful story about Peter Pan. Without Peter Pan, many children would go sleepless and would be deprived of their beautiful dreams. How someone could ever think of depriving our youth of their dreams is just beyond me.

Oh! wow Jo When reading the excellent script by Tommy I didn't think of Peter Pan, and the consequences of such a disaster no bed time stories, Great Orman Street Children's Hospital would cease to be, not good, and our great amuesment park would be gone :cry2: geeze what would our kids do?????
Tommy go pursue that new career in writing speeches, get in touch with your Senator of State and he must take you on with such elequance of words. :clap:

Latest posts