Illinois deer lease

Help Support CattleToday:

lynnmcmahan

Reaction score
Got an invite to a deer lease in Pike county, Il. 300 acres @40 bucks, $$ that is, per acre. Six members, $2k each. Not about to bite site unseen, but don't look forward to 700+ mile drive either.
What's it worth?

lynnmcmahan":prss8evq said:
Got an invite to a deer lease in Pike county, Il. 300 acres @40 bucks, $$ that is, per acre. Six members, $2k each. Not about to bite site unseen, but don't look forward to 700+ mile drive either.
What's it worth?
700 Miles?? $3.00 plus for gas...........better be alot of big deer..........I would rather spend more time in the
woods than the truck.......just saying.

I'm about 30 miles east of branson mo in the national forest and around here that would be very high. but that may depend on the area i don't know much about il. i don't know about you but if i was going hunt with that many people i would want more than 300 acres.

Just caught the "Pike County" part. I would pass. You know what your getting before you even get there! You should go to Texas and kill some free range deer .........or some really good high fence hunts will be cheap with this economy IMHO.

lynnmcmahan":3ng642uz said:
What's it worth?

Man that is high we have 50 member's on 6000 acres and pay 600 a year.

Caustic Burno":1wmstibg said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1wmstibg said:
Well you should invite him to join your club then CB.

Not a problem if we get an opening

Read some great stories about "The Big Thicket" many moons ago. Finally had a chance visit the area on a drive through. Seems the thicket has gotten a good bit smaller since those stories were told.

I was in a Schyuler County, Illinois lease for 10 years. That amount seems very high.....double what I paid. The reason for the high cost is the county. Pike county produces big bucks......but.......outfitters and TV hunting shows have caused it to become overrated relative to the rest of the counties in the western part of the state. I would look at Schyuler, Brown, Adams and Fulton (counties surrounding Pike). The deer hunting is just as good and maybe better. The pressure is less and the quality is second to none.

Due to the loss of my lease last year I have moved my hunting operations to NE Ohio for next season. I have gotten permission to hunt a 1,500 acre farm that belongs to the owner of my company....for free. Allot of un-pressured deer and pretty good quality to boot.

Latest posts