If you were going to guess

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl8

Reaction score
If you had no history on this calf, what breed would you say he is. No arguing please, its for fun.

I'm not asking who his parents are or what they look like. I want to know if you were going to guess the breed, what would you guess....

The faded red between hind legs and underline would indicate some limousin while the ears/underline show a touch of brahma. Could be a limi/beefmasterX

The calfs mother is standing in the picture behind him a, sim/angus
Here is his father.

The parents go way back on this bull...We bought into the limo breed in the early 90s and had one red limo bull for a while, he was meaner than all getout. Didnt have him long. But, he and a old mixed horned cow(bought when a neighbor sold out in the 80s) produced the mother of this bull(The Yella one eyed cow i have pictures of on my introduction thread)This bull is the product of Yella and an angus, registered, bull. Heck, i'm starting to get confused..lol..Had to consult my daughter on this, the yella cow was her show heifer.
Papaw, you win points for sniffing that limo out.
So the bull is half angus/ oh gosh, a bunch of stuff..lol But he is half angus. SO that make the calf mostly angus a touch of sim with some limo stirred in and a dash of old rancher horned cow..lol

I should add, and thats why its weird that we've had two two years in a row come out this solid light red... gotta be that limo gene you think? Kind of like that longhorn skunk tail that likes to rear its funny head out of the blue..

TennesseeTuxedo":33yyj0jk said:
So Taurus nailed it from the get go.
I think i listed the lineage and i think its impressive i could go back 30 years and if i hadnt been in a tractor most of the day, i could go and dig though our file cabinets and i just bet we still have the papers on the bulls, limo and angus..lol....The only one of unknown origins is the cow back in the 80s we bought from a neighbor...

TennesseeTuxedo":1lqdct68 said:
Please don't bother.
Ahhh come on TT...let's get a look at the genealogy of this thing. See who begat who. Might even be a virgin birth in there somewhere.

Taurus":3ho0vinj said:
A mongrel bull with unknown sire in a herd with multiple bulls.
Cowgirl8, Taurus is correct. I am being sincere. If you manage your operation as you have demonstrated in one thread after another, how do you know the lineage of any of your calves. I have one bull and I lock him down like he was gold at Ft Knox unless I have a specific cow I want bred. He is permanantly banned anywhere there is a heifer. I realize I am a chigger on a knat's azz relative to the immence size and complexity of the corporation you manage. I am not poking at you and I am confident this will provoke a credible explaination. Thanks.

TexasBred":3q1rquv8 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3q1rquv8 said:
Please don't bother.
Ahhh come on TT...let's get a look at the genealogy of this thing. See who begat who. Might even be a virgin birth in there somewhere.
Might even finding some registration papers of African elephant bulls.