If you had the opportunity...

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave":1c0z0qjx said:
Don McCallum":1c0z0qjx said:
I would like to meet my 2 relatives that are buried in Vicksburg National Cemetery and talk with them about their lives before and during the war.
They died for the rebels. I would also like to tell Robert E Lee about the rise in the corn field at Gettysburg. The war wasn't fought about slavery.
That came up later.

I have some sort of great great uncle buried there too. Came from the only small part of my family that were in the USA at Civil War time. Probably buried in a different part of the cemetery because he was wearing a blue uniform.

If I could talk to anyone I would go back about 30 years and talk to a stock broker. Any stock broker would work. I would want to take a little cash with me.

Just go back 8.5 years and invest. Screw a broker just do as much research as possible. Open a account with Vanguard. Invest in some of their mutual funds until you have enough confidence in you research. Pick some good master limited partnerships (MLP) Some good quality REITs (real estate investment trust) offer some good returns. Both offer a returns in the 6 to 13.5 percent returns. Spend as much time as possible reading articles on Yahoo Finance. Then make a decisions and get you big toe wet before jumping in whole hog. Could be as much opportunity now than there has ever been. I also read a lot of Motley Fool articles. Pardon me for going off topic.

MO_cows":2x7e3ac5 said:
The lady in my signature - Laura Ingalls Wilder. I would love to be able to talk to her.

Also ancestors, especially a great grandmother who was Indian but nobody knows from what nation.
See if you can find her name on the DAWs list.

Latest posts