If you had the opportunity...

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
If you had the opportunity to meet someone(not necessarily famous or alive) who would it be?

Think I would like to meet Einstein. We could sit under a tree, eat an apple, chat about gravity and how relative relativity is :p. Wouldn't mind meeting my great grandfather either.

Any of my ancestors. I have no information whatsoever about any of my family past my grandparents on one side and my grandmother only on the other. Might find some surprises and learn some secrets. :lol2:

I new my grandfather on my mothers side. He and my grandmother migrated to Texas from N.C. Sure wish I had sit down with him and asked a lot of questions. He had a pretty good farm and they thought they were better off and bought a dodge car on credit instead of a model T. Any way bad crop year sheriff came out with a judges order to take the car and the farm. Kinda hard to hire an attorney when every one in town is on the judges and sheriffs best friend list.

God first and foremost. I have a lot of question for the man upstairs. Ancestors though is where I would start with earthly beings. I've met him before but I would love to see my Grandfather again. Lost him almost a year ago but his stroke was 2008 so it's been 6 years since I've spoken to him.

I guess ancestors is a good answer. Mine all came over from Germany from about 1880 to 1900, and I'd love to ask them why.

If I could go back to their time It would be adam. I would explain the evils of that woman and fix all of our problems today. I'm gonna talk to Jesus one day so that can wait. I would like to talk to Thomas Edison

How refreshing it is to see someone start a thread that is not memememememememememe

Thanks Ali. Yer still a class act! :tiphat:

I wasn't actually introduced to him but I did get to hear Marcus Luttrell tell his lone survivor story this morning. It impacted me more than I expected. I knew both my grandpa's and one of my grandma's real well. I guess if I could meet a person from the past other than Jesus or some other person from the bible it would be one of the great explores. Boone, Lewis and Clark, Carson, Livingston or shackleton.

I would like to meet myself when I was 16 and have a long talk. Things would be different now, but would they be? My current reality would be completely different so could I affect the past?

red angus 2010":189nnemc said:
I would like to meet myself when I was 16 and have a long talk. Things would be different now, but would they be? My current reality would be completely different so could I affect the past?

It would probably not make a difference. You most likely had older people with wisdom and experience telling you exactly what you would tell yourself and if you didn't take their advice you probably wouldn't listen to yourself. But I know what you mean and I would like to go back and try to slap some sense into myself.

I wont mention who i would like to meet, although i like seeing who everyone else would like to me et...........

cow pollinater":1qbmonza said:
Hugh Hefner... but not really so much because I want to meet HIM.
Ben Franklin would be a distant#2.

Little snippets I've read indicate there may not be that much difference, but you know how people talk. I don't think Ben ever married identical twins, but I don't guess Hef did either (marry them, that is).
I'd like to give Ben heck for that daylight saving time idea.

id like to meet my great grandpa so i can ask him why he sold over 1000acs of his farm.and also why he was so bullheaded and stubborn about letting family take care of his reg herefords.

I think I would like to talk to Thomas Jefferson. Of all the monuments in D.C., as I walked through and read all of his quotes and passages there, I was most struck by what a brilliant man and forward thinker he was. Way ahead of his time in an era when we were truly blessed to have that particular group of men in one place, at that particular point in time, who were able to design and build a working form of government unlike anything ever tried before.

I would like to show him what his country and system of government has become. I am betting he would know how to correct it and have the fortitude and true leadership to see it through.

Latest posts