If ya ever wondered what it feels like to drill a 1/8" hole

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard":ff32dgm2 said:
that came later--when wife (the student nurse) decided it needed to be swabbed out...

Sounds like she has a bright future in the ER or surgery ahead of her! Tetanus shot up to date???

I've done all sorts of stuff.. barbed wire is evil.. especially the stuff from 1940 that was hardened and SHARP. Some of my most painful injuries were the least serious ones... Twice I got poked by a hawthorn branch.. it must have some serious poisons on it, once it got me behind the knee, and it absolutely floored me, I couldn't walk for 10 minutes, and it hurt for days.. the other time it was in my forearm, and that didn't feel any better, again, it was instant, excruciating pain that lasted forever.

Then I've pinched, cut, hacked, chaffed and done pretty much everything to my hands and fingers short of amputating them.

Oh, and then there's slipping off the bicycle pedals!

Caustic Burno":2sletb8e said:
My worst was running the end of my thumb through a band saw in my butchering days.
They are all bad thumbs are the worst they are needed to do anything.
My dad done the same thing to him index finger cutting deer bones

It actually hurts very little and isn't swollen much either--having a hole in a finger is no where near the same as smashing one and it swelling up--but I learned quick today---don't put my keys or knife in my left jeans pocket..

dieselbeef":2v0acheg said:
meh...pics or it didnt happen
pics posted top of this page. (Sky was kind enough to post them for me--I don't know how to get them off my non-smart phone camera other than messaging them to someone with a smart phone.)

Got 1/2" yesterday--some last night but don't know how much. It will help but we need lots more.
I hope it isn't too bad up in Burleson County tomorrow--going up for a festival in Caldwell--but I know they need rain too..

greybeard":1aa1wtug said:
Got 1/2" yesterday--some last night but don't know how much. It will help but we need lots more.
I hope it isn't too bad up in Burleson County tomorrow--going up for a festival in Caldwell--but I know they need rain too..

Hijacked your own thread. :clap:

Hope your finger gets better soon.

greybeard":1gnpyzqd said:

Maybe some kolaches will make that finger feel better?

Rafter S":2pvmz44x said:
greybeard":2pvmz44x said:

Why can't you find kolaches outside Texas?

HDRider":enwpkdws said:
Rafter S":enwpkdws said:
greybeard":enwpkdws said:

Why can't you find kolaches outside Texas?

I don't know. Maybe all the Czech immigrants settled in Texas?

Latest posts