If ya ever wondered what it feels like to drill a 1/8" hole

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
..thru the fingernail of your left index finger and right on thru and out the underside of said finger, just give me a holler----I can now tell ya exactly how it feels. :shock: :cry2: :cry2:

Trying to relive pressure on a busted nail? Did that once while my fingers were numb from the cold. Thought when it happened dang that did not hurt a bit. Several hours later when I came inside and it thawed out it hurt like the dickens. I have broke several bones that did not hurt that bad.

hillbilly beef man":z0pw4uzp said:
Trying to relive pressure on a busted nail? Did that once while my fingers were numb from the cold. Thought when it happened dang that did not hurt a bit. Several hours later when I came inside and it thawed out it hurt like the dickens. I have broke several bones that did not hurt that bad.
No, I've done that before tho---immediate relief from a twice smashed finger..

I was drilling some 1/8" pilot holes in a piece of stainless too big to fit in my drill press. Put too much pressure of the bit, it broke, and the piece left in the drill chuck kicked off to the side and went right thru my finger.

greybeard":1zua2n7h said:
that came later--when wife (the student nurse) decided it needed to be swabbed out...
Friend had a goat put a horn in his thigh this weekend and he said his wife decided to clean it out with a Q-tip, said she was worse than the goat.

Sorry about your finger.

greybeard":3hhxskxy said:
that came later--when wife (the student nurse) decided it needed to be swabbed out...

That is what that was I thought there was a sick or out of tune yote.
Never did the drill bit trick put an oyster knife through between the middle and index finger.
You know how sharp they are.

Can't say I ever drilled a hole in my finger but I've done some other pretty stupid things like shooting a finish nail in my finger. I think your trick wins. Ouch!

greybeard":wb6mj32g said:
..thru the fingernail of your left index finger and right on thru and out the underside of said finger, just give me a holler----I can now tell ya exactly how it feels. :shock: :cry2: :cry2:

:shock: :shock:
OUCH!!

lavacarancher":mq46qiju said:
Can't say I ever drilled a hole in my finger but I've done some other pretty stupid things like shooting a finish nail in my finger. I think your trick wins. Ouch!
I knew a guy that shot one of those spiral framing nails thru the meaty part of his palm one time. :( He said it weren't fun getting it pulled out from behind the rafter.

I feel your pain. I haven't drilled through my finger.....yet; however, I have sewn through my index finger next to the fingernail with a sewing machine. Not easy to do but it is possible. :yuck:

There are lots of nerve endings in your finger tips, aren't there. :lol: When I lost my fingers the nurse went to scrubbing on the stumps without numbing them and my boot heels and the top of my head were the only parts of my body still in contact with that gurney.

greybeard":27q7i5jb said:

That sucks. I know that hurt like a SOB Hope for a speedy recover.

Drill bit, nails and a couple screws. 3" deck screw was the worst- when the time comes to reverse the drill to back it out is what separates the men from the boys. Thought the boy working with me was going to pass out watching me do it. Had to grit my teeth pretty good on that one. Hope did t leave any pieces in there. Drill bits shatter a little when they break and like to leave little pieces in there just deep enough you gotta dig to get them. I also agree the cleaning is usually worse than the doing. Get better soon.

Posted for GB
0909152129_zps444fdf17.jpg

Bottom
0909152128a_zps1f85f034.jpg

No biggie just send to me whenever you want me to post something... I tell ya i got a sick feeling in my stomach looking at those lol

I'm guessing (hoping really) that it missed the bone.

As for sewing machine.....yep, been there, that's why I hand-stitch everything.

I had a very small piece of a finger tip/side taken off while tying a horse in a trailer (leather lead). That didn't feel too swift. I think the drill bit wins!

A friend of mine worked at a mobile home factory years ago, and tells about the time a guy stapled his foot to a piece of plywood. They had to cut out a section of the plywood around his foot and then take him to the emergency room with the piece still attached. My buddy says they thought the guy hollered pretty loud when the accident first happened, but that was nothing compared to what happened when they fired up that saw and started cutting the plywood 4" from his foot.

Latest posts